- Sleeps: 4 (+1 infant)
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 2 nights (3 during peak)
Secluded on a private Warwickshire country estate, and surrounded by a working farm, Winchcombe Farm is a five-star, family-run glamping retreat that’s home to a sumptuous collection of unique retreats.
Friendly owners Jo and Steve have made it their mission to offer luxurious, memory-making holiday experiences that are full of creative and comforting touches… and their newest hideaway, Jess’ Tree Bach, offers all of this in spades.
Surrounded by woodland and lush green fields that form part of a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the single-storey lodge sleeps up to four guests, plus one infant in a cot… making it the perfect escape for couples and small families alike.
You’ll be enthralled by the level of attention to detail before you’ve even walked inside, with your private, furnished outdoor deck featuring a charcoal pizza oven and a barbecue for epic al fresco suppers.
There’s also a five-seater hot tub with Bluetooth to help you set the perfect relaxation soundtrack, while a fun four-metre slide leads straight down to the woodland play area below!
Inside, a goodie-stuffed welcome basket will be waiting to greet you in the gleaming, mod-con-equipped kitchen, while the cosy lounge is equipped with tech delights that include a 50″ Smart TV, a DVD player, and a Wi-Fi speaker.
While away some dreamtime in the bedroom even before you drift off to sleep, with help from the clever electric skylight and telescope. There are full-sized single bunk beds hidden in the lounge, which are sure to keep the kids comfy, too. And as if that’s not enough, the hidden gem is a childrens’ stargazing den nestled in the roof space, equipped with child-sized sofas and a telescope, accessed via a wooden ladder outside!Keep reading
At a glance
- A luxurious single-storey lodge, nestled on a five-star, family-run glamping retreat in Warwickshire countryside, part of a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The self-contained lodge sleeps up to four guests, plus one infant in a cot – ideal for couples and small families alike.
- There is ample al fresco space, including a furnished deck with a pizza oven, barbecue, and a five-seater Bluetooth hot tub, while a fun slide leads straight down to the woodland play area below!
- Inside, enjoy a goodie-packed welcome basket, and a lounge and kitchen packed with mod-cons.
- The bedroom features an electric skylight and a telescope, and there are two full-size cabin bunk beds hidden in the lounge plus a child-sized stargazing loft area – ideal if you’ve brought the kids!
- The village of Tysoe includes a village store and post office.Stratford-upon-Avon and a selection of Cotswold villages are located within a short driving distance, with a range of attractions and sightseeing options.
- On the same site is Will’s Tree House, an architect-designed treetop retreat sleeping 4 guests, Bob’s Lodge, an architect-designed wood-crafted holiday home sleeping up to 6 guests, Chicken Shed Lodge, a relaxing retreat for up to 5 guests, Ben’s Burrow, a family retreat for 9 guests with stargazing dome, and George’s Getaway, a luxurious single-storey lodge for up to 6 adults and 2 children.
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
Luxurious single storey lodge, sleeps 4 + 1 guests: lounge with seating, 50″ Smart TV, DVD, Wi-Fi speaker, two hidden full-size cabin bunk beds, well-equipped kitchen with oven and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, wine fridge, dishwasher, welcome basket with fresh milk, fruit and cake, superking master bedroom with twin bathtubs, electric skylight, telescope, bathroom with WC, walk-in power shower, towels and toiletries. Thermostat-controlled heating throughout. Private outdoor deck with garden furniture, charcoal pizza oven, barbecue, five-seater Bluetooth hot tub, four-metre slide to woodland play area below.
Nature walks, cycling, children’s playground, Cotswold villages, historic sites, museums, shopping, gardens, galleries, farm shops, farm activities
Wake up to an invigorating drench in the walk-in power shower (though there are twin bathtubs in the bedroom, if you prefer to greet the day in a more languorous way!) before relaxing outside with your morning coffee.
You don’t have to move a muscle – except perhaps when you’re sipping a refreshing drink, or turning the pages of a good book – though you could choose to take a wander through the woodland, and get lost in the beautiful sights and sounds of nature.
But if you prefer getting out and exploring, you couldn’t have picked a better base. Not only does Winchcombe Farm lie just beneath the battlefield landmark of Edgehill, but its position on the north-eastern tip of the Cotswolds means there are plenty of picturesque villages to explore close by, including Stow on the Wold and Broadway.
You’re also just a few minutes’ drive away from culture-steeped Stratford upon Avon, once home to William Shakespeare.
Topped off with indulgent in-lodge experiences that include massage treatments, or hiring a private chef to whip up a romantic meal, you can tailor your holiday just the way you like, whether you’re holing yourselves up, or going all out!
Things to note
Check in on any day except Sunday. Minimum 3-night stay during July and August and over the Christmas period, 2 nights for the rest of the year. Additional experiences, including massage treatments and private chef hire, can be arranged on request.