- Premier host
- Upper Tysoe, Warwickshire
- See on map
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Discover the unique, architect-designed Bob’s Lodge on the friendly and working Winchcombe Farm, beautifully positioned in a Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Complete with a private garden, an elevated outside deck and a six-person hot tub that overlooks a field of grazing sheep and lambs, you’ll soon be rethinking your idea of family breaks spent in the Great Outdoors!
With two generous storeys crafted from wood, Bob’s Lodge is wonderfully spacious, with plenty of room for everyone to lounge, dine, read and chat (with hammocks and ergonomic sun loungers to help the relaxing along).
There’s an outdoor play house for the kids, and you’ll find stargazing is covered too, with a separate geodesic dome that features a round superking bed and a telescope! The dome is housed on its very own platform built around a willow tree, with a four-meter slide that leads down into the garden.
Meanwhile, there’s a luxurious ground-floor kingsize bedroom, with a cosy double and a twin upstairs. Claim your favourite, and then explore the rest of this truly spectacular lodge.
The ground floor is equipped with a welcoming open-plan lounge, kitchen and dining area, with underfloor heating, squishy sofas and entertainment in the form of a Smart TV, DVD player and WiFi speaker. Though you may prefer grabbing the binoculars and taking a closer peek at the array of local wildlife. You’ll find a generous welcome basket provided, including delicious cake, fruit and milk. Indulge to your heart’s content, as you argue over who’s going to get the pleasure of cooking in the curved, high-end kitchen! The window looks over a paddock of grazing ponies, and out towards the battlefield landmark of Edgehill.
The kids will be in their element when you head upstairs, as they discover their very own breakout area complete with a fully-stocked toy box, a cosy child’s sofa and armchair, and their own TV and DVD player!Keep reading
At a glance
- A two-storey, architect-designed family lodge, crafted from wood and featuring three bedrooms, plus an outdoor geodesic dome with a round double bed and telescope (ideal for stargazing!)
- The Lodge is located on the working Winchcombe Farm in the village of Tysoe, part of a Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Parking is available for two cars plus more parking if required about 200 yards away from Bob’s Lodge .
- There is a generous outdoor deck with hammocks and a six-person hot tub and a private garden that features a children’s play house. A welcome basket, linen and towels are provided.
- There is a bedroom and a bathroom on the ground floor, suitable for those with restricted mobility.
- Pets are not permitted. Please note that the woodland area and children’s playground surrounding the treehouse are shared with two other lodges on site.
- The village of Tysoe has a shop and Post Office.The nearest supermarket is about 5 miles away in Shipston-on-Stour. Stratford-upon-Avon and a selection of Cotswold villages are located within a short driving distance, with a range of attractions and sightseeing options.
- On the same site is Will’s Tree House, an architect-designed treetop retreat sleeping 4 guests, George’s Getaway, a family lodge with hot tub and star gazing dome for 6-8 guests, and Chicken Shed Lodge, a relaxing retreat for up to 5 guests. .
- Disability Accessible
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
Sleeps up to 6, double bedroom, twin bedroom, Geodesic dome with super king size bed, bedding & towels provided, private family bathroom, walk-in shower, full size bath, underfloor heating, hairdryer, open-plan lounge, kitchen, oven, gas hob, microwave, washer, dryer, fridge/freezer, iron & board, welcome basket, dining area, Smart TV, DVD, Wi-Fi speaker, Wi-Fi, binoculars, children’s area/sofa, TV/DVD player, deck, hammocks, wooden sun loungers, pizza oven, gas BBQ, hot tub for 6 people, Bluetooth speaker, private garden, children’s toys, parking.
Market towns, breweries, museums, galleries, cycling, motor museum, wildlife park, distilleries, walking, horse riding, theatre, golf/mini-golf.
Meanwhile, two generous bathrooms – one downstairs and one upstairs – mean no awkward morning queues.
Relax as the kids explore the surrounding woodland area, which houses a duck-frequented pond and a shared playground including a pirate ship, lookout tower and trampoline.
If you prefer getting out and about, there’s plenty of scope for walking and cycling in the surrounding area. You’re also just a few minutes’ drive from culture-steeped Stratford upon Avon, once home to William Shakespeare, along with picturesque Cotswold villages including Broadway and Stow on the Wold.
Return to Bob’s Lodge just in time for a tasty al fresco supper prepared on the barbecue or the charcoal pizza oven, then plan tomorrow’s exciting activities with the blazing sunset as your backdrop. In a setting so scenic and luxurious, who could possibly fail to relax?
Things to note
No pets permitted, no smoking, check-in from 4pm, check out 10am, cots, highchairs, shower stools & toilet frames provided on request. 20% discount for bookings of 1 week or longer.