Terms & Conditions
At Host Unusual we like to make things as simple as we can. We've tried to make our terms and conditions as easy to follow as we can but if there's something you don't understand, let us know and we'll do our best to explain it.
We do change our terms and conditions from time to time and so you'll need to check them each time you visit to make sure that you know what they say. We'll make the assumption that you've read them each time you visit us.
1. SOME DEFINITIONS
Site means www.hostunusual.co.uk
Owner means Host Unusual of Space 282, 282 Leigh Road, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex SS9 1BW
Us, We, Our means either the Site or the Owner or both
You, Your are a visitor to our Site for any purpose whatsoever
Booking means reserving a Property with one of our Members
Property means any property offered for Rental on the Site by one of our Members
Rental means the rental of a Property from one of our Members
Members means the owners of the properties we advertise on the Site
2. THE CONTRACT
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between us and are intended to form the basis of an agreement between us and you. If you do not agree with them please leave the Site and do not make a Booking.
3. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
You promise/warrant that:
- you are over 18 and have the legal authority to enter into this contract
- you have read and understood these terms and conditions and any revision of them
- you will read and understand the terms and conditions of any website to which we link
- you will comply with the terms and conditions applying to any Rental you undertake.
- use robots, spiders, scrapers or similar things on the Site
- try to get around any things we put on the Site to stop or limit access to parts of it
- do anything that might cause our systems to crash
- steal the Site or any part of it for use in any other site or application
- try to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any programs we use in connection with the Site or the services it offers
- copy, imitate or use the trademarks and/or designs and/or layout or anything else which would usually amount to intellectual property which we own.
- Either we, one of our Members or a third party owns the intellectual property on the Site and by continuing to use it you acknowledge that such material is protected by law.
- You must not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Site unless we give you written permission to do so.
- You will only post information on the Site if you have the right to use all intellectual property associated with it.
- If you break someone else's intellectual property rights you will indemnify us against any losses we incur as a result.
5. OUR LEGAL STATUS
- are not your agent
- are not agent for any Member
- are not responsible for collecting any Rentals, fees or payment due to or from any of our Members
- are an advertising platform only and have no control over, nor are we responsible for the quality of any Property or for ensuring that the facilities offered are available to you but we will always take seriously any complaint you wish to make against any Member
- are not and will not be a party to any contract between you and any of our Members.
If you rent a Property from a Member, we ask you to leave a review of that Member and the Property you have occupied and the following rules apply to that feedback:
- it must be true and honest
- it must not be defamatory
- it must relate only to a Member you have dealt with and a Property you have personally occupied.
You grant us an exclusive and royalty-free licence to use whatever feedback you publish for any purpose and in any part of the world and whether or not we use extracts from it or the entire feedback and without the need to acknowledge you as the author.
We have the sole and absolute right to remove any feedback we choose for whatever reason.
If something outside our control happens - it could be riots, floods, war, strikes and a lot of other similar things - we are not liable and do not have to compensate you if any delays or problems occur.
- We are an advertising platform only and do not inspect any of the Properties offered through the Site and so you must ensure that a Property meets your particular requirements before making a Booking as we have no responsibility for any problems or issues that arise.
- We can't promise that the Site will meet your needs; that it will work properly; that it will be fit for a particular purpose or that it will not infringe the rights of others.
- We can't promise that the Site will work with all systems; that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate.
- We don't give advice on the Site. Please take this into account when you make any decisions.
- Because we cannot know and understand your personal circumstances, we cannot guarantee that any suggestion in any information we provide on the Site will cause any specific outcome and any and all such information is provided by way of general suggestion only and not in any form of warranty on our part as to any outcome you may achieve.
- We take all reasonable effort to test material before placing it on the Site. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption or damage, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from the Site.
- We do our very best to make sure that you do not experience any problems when you use the Site or make a Booking but if you do, you must tell us straight away.
- We will do what we can to resolve the problem as quickly as we can and without charge to you if we agree that you have a problem.
- As we are neither your agent nor the agent of any Member we are not able to provide any dispute resolution service between you and any Member.
11. AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE
- We never guarantee that the Site will be available all the time and if it's not available for any reason you can't hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result.
- We have the right to change the Site and the services it offers, suspend it or stop it at any time.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- As far as we are allowed by law and on our own behalf (and that of our employees, directors and others who work with us) we deny liability for any losses of all kind which you incur from visiting the Site or using the services offered by a Member. You use the Site at your own risk.
- We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss you may suffer even if we might have foreseen that loss or you told us it might happen.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on our part.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions takes away from you any rights you may have if you are a consumer.
13. OFFENSIVE OR INCORRECT CONTENT
If something you see on the Site causes you offence or seems to be defamatory, please tell us and we'll consider changing it.
14. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- We don't control any of the websites we link to and so we can't be responsible for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any losses which come out of you using them.
- Just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site.
- We can never guarantee that a link will work.
- If you find any link we offer to be offensive, please let us know and we will consider removing it.
- If you link to any other site using our Site then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions - so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites.
15. MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS & THE SITE
- These terms and conditions will change from time to time and we don't have the resources to let all our visitors know about the changes. As a result you agree to come back to this page to make sure that we haven't changed the terms and conditions and whenever you access the Site, you are confirming to us that you are aware of any changes.
- We've also got the right to change the Site as and when we want but these terms and conditions will still apply to any changes we make.
16. GENERAL STUFF
- Operative Law - This Agreement is made under the laws of England and Wales and that is the only jurisdiction which can govern it.
- Partnership/Joint Ventures - We and you agree that this Agreement does not form the basis of any partnership or co-venture.
- Effect of Agreement - This Agreement supersedes any previous agreement between you and us in relation to the matters dealt within them and represents the entire understanding between you and us.
- Time of the Essence - Time will not be of the essence in any part of this Agreement.
- Warranties - All parties acknowledge and agree that they have not entered into this Agreement in reliance on anything said or promised by the other which is not in these terms and conditions.
- Unenforceability - If a Court or other body says that any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, the rest of them will stand.
- Notices - If either you or we need to give formal notice to the other it must be done by email to the address each of us gives to the other from time to time.
- Entire Agreement - These terms and conditions contain the entire understanding between us.