- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Featuring a Bluetooth-equipped hot tub and a private geodesic dome for stargazing, it’s fair to say that Chicken Shed Lodge is no ordinary coop!
Your dreamlike surroundings are courtesy of the picture-perfect Winchcombe Farm, a working farm soothingly located in the Cotswolds village of Tysoe – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, no less. With the battlefield landmark of Edgehill nestled just beneath the farm, and plenty of picturesque villages all around, you’ll never be short of places to roam.
That is, if you can be persuaded to ever leave Chicken Shed Lodge. Sleeping up to five people in sumptuous comfort, here you’ll find everything you need for a luxurious country break, with much more besides.
From the huge, furnished wraparound sun deck, to the cosy lovers’ bench that showcases Edgehill in all its glory, it’s clear that indulgent relaxation is paramount here. You’ll find it almost impossible to resist the temptation!
Al fresco dining is a must, since you’ll have a charcoal pizza oven and barbecue at your easy disposal…oh, and don’t forget to soak in that amazing hot tub afterwards. Just cue up your favourite songs (along with a bottle of bubbles, of course) and you’re all set.
The geodesic dome is accessed via stairs that lead you up a three-metre tower. A superking circular bed, a telescope and a pair of binoculars await, so you can view the stars and the abundant local wildlife in all their glory. Why not see if you can spot the visiting woodpecker?
If you prefer reconnecting at ground level, simply head through the French doors to be greeted by a gorgeously spacious, soft-toned living area, and a dining table with plenty of chairs. You’ll find the kitchen equipped with all those conveniences that make a holiday a holiday (including a dishwasher and a washing machine) – and there’s also a welcome basket filled with goodies, to get your stay off to a delicious start.Keep reading
At a glance
- Sumptuous five-person lodge with Bluetooth hot tub and a stargazing geodesic dome, set on an idyllic working farm in the Cotswolds village of Tysoe, part of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The Lodge is single-storey, and suitable for those who are less mobile. There is ample space for al fresco dining, including a generous decking area equipped with a pizza oven and barbecue.
- Parking is available for two cars.
- A welcome basket is included, with linen, towels and logs also provided.
- Please note that the woodland area and children’s playground surrounding the lodge are shared with two other properties on site.
- The village of Tysoe includes a shop and Post Office, with the nearest supermarket approx. 5 miles away in Shipston-on-Stour. Stratford-upon-Avon and a selection of Cotswold villages are located within a short driving distance, with a range of attractions and sightseeing options.
- On the same site is Bob’s Lodge, a wood-crafted holiday home sleeping up to 6 guests, George’s Getaway, a family lodge with hot tub and star gazing dome for 6-8 guests, and Will’s Tree House, a treetop retreat sleeping 4 guests.
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
Sleeps up to 5, double bedroom, twin bedroom, geodome bedroom, superking size circular bed, bedding & towels provided, private bathroom, fully-equipped kitchen, washing machine, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, gas hob, oven, welcome basket, underfloor heating, dining room table & chairs, living room, Smart TV, DVD player, Wi-Fi speaker, geodesic dome room, telescope, binoculars, patio, hanging chair, outdoor furniture, BBQ, fire pit, outdoor stove, private hot tub, parking for 2 cars.
Market towns, breweries, museums, galleries, cycling, motor museum, wildlife park, distilleries, walking, horse riding, theatre, golf/mini-golf.
When it’s time to turn in, there are two irresistibly cosy bedrooms waiting for you – one double, and one equipped with a double and a single bed. Meanwhile, the roomy bathroom features a bath with power shower over…making those morning freshen-ups a doddle.
If you’re staying in, you’ll find plenty to do. Switch on the toasty underfloor heating and break out the games provided, or snuggle on the sofa for a TV marathon.
The farm’s friendly ponies, Queenie and Stan, are certain to pay you a few visits, too – we recommend keeping a supply of carrots and apples handy!
If you prefer spending some time in the Great Outdoors, heading out to explore the breathtaking Warwickshire countryside on foot is a great start. The kids can run off plenty of energy in the surrounding woodland area, home to a duck-filled pond and a shared playground with a pirate ship, lookout tower and trampoline.
You’re also just a few minutes’ drive from culture-steeped Stratford-upon-Avon, once home to William Shakespeare, along with picturesque Cotswold villages including Broadway and Stow on the Wold.
Head back to Chicken Shed Lodge just in time to greet the sunset, as you light the firepit, toast some marshmallows, and make plans for your next fun-filled day together!
Things to note
Minimum stay 2 nights, any day check in is available. No pets permitted, no smoking, check-in from 4pm, check out 10am, cots, highchairs, shower stools & toilet frames provided on request. 20% discount for bookings of 1 week or longer.
Where you'll be staying
You might also like
Appears in these collections
Chicken Shed Lodge
"*" indicates required fields