- Sleeps: 9
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Sleeping a maximum of nine people, Ben’s Burrow is the ultimate retreat for whole families in need of a fun and luxurious rural break.
The stylish two-storey lodge is the newest addition to the family-friendly Winchcombe Farm, which is perfectly positioned in a Warwickshire Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Boasting a captivating ‘rabbit warren’ feel, the lodge itself sleeps seven guests, and there’s a self-contained studio flat that sleeps a further two… ideal for grandparents, carers, or those who simply prefer their own space!
Overlooking a huge, shimmering pond that’s teeming with ducks and Koi carp, there’s a lavish amount of private outdoor space for everybody to enjoy, including tree hammocks, a ‘beach’ area with deckchairs and a palm tree, and a firepit with log-stump seats, to give evening storytelling sessions a warm glow.
There are plenty of indulgent treats to be found outside, too! These include a hot tub and al fresco power shower, and a daybed-and-telescope-equipped ‘stargazing’ dome that’s gently suspended over the pond.
Oh, and with your own charcoal pizza oven and six-burner gas barbecue also on hand, you may decide to enjoy all your family meals in the dedicated al fresco dining area, savouring the sounds of nature as the sun sinks over the trees.
If you prefer indoor feasts, you’ll find the lodge equipped with cutting-edge kitchen equipment (plus a handy welcome basket stuffed with fruit, cake and milk!) and a grand dining table to break bread at. Meanwhile, the 55-inch Smart TV and DVD player will keep you entertained if you ever tire of those views.Keep reading
At a glance
- A luxurious two-storey family lodge that sleeps up to nine guests (plus one baby in a cot), complete with ample outdoor space with seating and hammocks, a private hot tub, and a geodesic dome for stargazing!
- The lodge is surrounded by a working farm in the village of Tysoe, part of a Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Parking is available for three cars.
- The accommodation includes a self-contained studio flat for two guests – ideal for those who prefer their own space!
- There is a dedicated al fresco dining area, with a barbecue and a charcoal pizza oven. A welcome basket, linen, towels, and adult-sized robes are provided.
- The village includes a general store and post office. Stratford-upon-Avon and a selection of Cotswold villages are located within a short driving distance, with a range of attractions and sightseeing options.
- On the same site is Will’s Tree House, an architect-designed treetop retreat sleeping 4 guests, Bob’s Lodge, an architect-designed wood-crafted holiday home sleeping up to 6 guests, George’s Getaway, a luxurious family lodge and dome that sleeps up to 8 guests, and Chicken Shed Lodge, a relaxing retreat for up to 5 guests.
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
- Large Groups
Luxury two-storey family lodge with self-contained flat, sleeps 7 + 2 guests. Steps to entrance into open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area: seating, 55-inch Smart TV and DVD player, dining table and chairs, fully fitted kitchen with American-style fridge-freezer, oven and grill, microwave and dishwasher, SMEG kettle and toaster, welcome basket with milk, fruit and cake. Corridor to double bedroom with cot and Teasmade, kingsize bedroom with en-suite shower and WC. Corridor to stairway, triple bedroom with bath, shower, separate WC. Stairway to self-contained studio flat with twin beds, well-equipped kitchen, private bathroom. Wi-Fi and central heating provided, with bedding, towels and adult-sized robes, hairdryer, iron, ironing board and cleaning essentials. Outside: al fresco dining area with table and chairs, charcoal pizza oven, six-burner gas barbecue, tree hammocks, fire pit with seating, private hot tub, geodesic dome with daybed and telescope, ‘beach’ area with palm tree and seating.
Nature walks, cycling, children’s activities and games, Cotswold villages, historic sites, museums, shopping, gardens, galleries, farm shops, farm activities.
Sumptuous, thoughtfully equipped sleeping spaces include a ground floor double room that comes complete with a cot and a Teasmade… ideal for parents of young children! There’s also a kingsize room on this floor, with an en-suite shower.
Access the sleepover-style triple room – with its own bath, shower, and separate loo – via stairs, while a second stairway by the lounge will lead you straight to the aforementioned studio flat, equipped with twin beds, and full kitchen and bathroom facilities.
How to spend your days? Well, there are many magical walks and cycle routes in the surrounding area, and a short drive will take you to Stratford-upon-Avon, the culture-rich former home of William Shakespeare himself. You’ll discover plenty of chocolate box Cotswold villages to explore, too, including Stow on the Wold and Broadway.
But you could find that a leisurely al fresco breakfast, followed by spot of reading in the tree hammock, games and treats with the family, and a sunset dip in that hot tub, is all that’s needed.
Things to note
Check in from 4pm, check out by 10am. Pets are regrettably not permitted. Please note that there are steps to the entrance at Ben’s Burrow, but an alternative can be arranged for wheelchair users, or those who are less mobile. Minimum 2 night stay except in July, August and the Christmas and New Year Holidays when it is a minimum of 3 nights’ stay.