- Sleeps: 2-6 per tent
- Bedroom: Open plan
- Bathroom: Communal
- Minimum stay: 3 nights (bell tent)
You’d never know how close Wylde Valley Camping was to ‘normal’ civilisation, unless you’ve been told.
Set amongst acre after acre of cultivated countryside, marshland, meadow and woodland in the Cornish Hills, you’ll not only be achingly close to both beaches and moors, but a mere stone’s throw from bustling towns and villages, including Bude.
Meanwhile, boasting huge, starry skies and sunsets of epic proportions, the camp is home to a selection of pitches, a boutique bell tent village, and generous facilities that are ideal for couples, families, and groups of friends alike.
You’ll find the bell tent village surrounded by natural beauty, nestled by whispering trees in the camping field. Depending on the number of favourite people you’ve brought with you, you can choose from a four, five, or six-metre bell tent, sleeping up to six guests in total.
There’ll be no struggling with tent pegs in the rain or dark, as your chosen natural canvas tent will be pre-set on its own wooden patio, complete with an al fresco firepit, soft solar lighting, and a table and chairs.
As if that wasn’t enough, inside await elegant surroundings with a waterproof groundsheet and matting, solar lighting and a power point, and ridiculously comfy beds with memory foam mattresses and 13 tog duvets.
Prefer camping in its more rustic state? The peaceful site comes equipped with pitches of varying sizes, so there’ll be plenty of space for you and your loved ones to call your own. Some of the premium pitches are equipped with electric hook-ups, and you can even hire a rustic firepit for that all-important marshmallow-toasting under the stars.Keep reading
At a glance
- Varied camping pitches and a boutique bell tent village, nestled on a vast rural site in the Cornish hills, close to the moors and coast.
- Choose from a furnished 4, 5, or 6-metre natural canvas bell tent, sleeping 2-6 guests.
- Each tent is set on its own wooden platform, with outdoor furniture and a firepit.
- Camping pitches vary in size, and some feature electric hook-ups. A firepit can be hired on request.
- On-site facilities include brand-new showers and toilets, and drinking water taps.
- The site is also a festival site and live music venue, so although the site doesn’t hold live events while the campsite is open (so there are no noise issues), they do bring that ethos into the atmosphere, with smaller live music events and festival style food nights for glamping and camping guests.
- The nearest town is Bude. There are plenty of walking routes and several beaches in easy reach. Dartmoor is also close by.
- Family Friendly
- Large Groups
Selection of 4, 5, and 6-metre natural canvas bell tents, to sleep 2-6 guests. Wooden platform/patio with outdoor firepit, solar lighting, outdoor deck chairs and table. Inside: waterproof groundsheet and matting, single or double bed frames (cots available on request) with memory foam mattresses, 13 tog duvets, cotton bedding. Mirror, bedside tables, solar lighting, power point with 4-plug extension lead.
Selection of camping pitches, some with electric hook-ups. On-site: showers, toilets, drinking water taps.
Walking, cycling, picnic spots, stargazing, wildlife-watching, historic sites, beaches, watersports, family activities, National Parks
And whichever type of accommodation you choose, there are plenty of facilities to help your holiday run smoothly, including sparkling clean showers and toilets, and drinking-water taps.
After a sound night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast, you can spend your time lazing on site with a cuppa and a good book, or immerse yourselves in North Cornwall’s abundant charms.
You could start with a good walk – there are plenty of routes to choose from – or the friendly owners have compiled a list of the best beaches in the area, including ‘hidden’ spots only true locals know about!
And of course, you could always explore ancient, rolling Dartmoor, and spark your creative spirit amongst landscapes that have inspired artists, poets, and storytellers for thousands of years.
Things to note
Pets are not permitted on site. Minimum 3-night stay in the bell tents, with arrival and departure days on Mondays and Fridays. The site is also a festival site and live music venue, although not while the campsite is open (so there are no noise issues).