- Sleeps: 2
- Bedroom: 1
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 2 + 3 seasonal
Feel like getting away from it all?
Then take Tinker up on its promise to transport you away from the cares of everyday life, and into a captivating, fairytale-like haven with all the comforts of home… and much, much more besides.
A rural retreat that’s sheltered by centuries-old oak trees, Tinker is a picturesque meander away from Bude, yet with the blissful feeling of a whole other world.
Here you’ll discover a 17th century underground bothy – home to a welcoming living and kitchen space – that joins two enchanting bathroom-and-bedroom showman’s wagons through a ‘secret’ passageway.
(Oh – and did we mention that the fairytale meadow garden features a private, scenery-showcasing hot tub complete with festoon lighting, and a firepit to warm those stargazing evenings?)
Friendly owners Chris and Jan live close by – though they’ll completely respect your privacy – and they’ve personally seen to it that every last holiday luxury is catered for.
The beautiful spaces are dotted with bespoke artwork, quirky reclaimed accessories, and one-off, well-chosen pieces of furniture. The rustic, well-equipped kitchen is lovingly tailor-made, with an 18th century sandstone sink, and a countertop crafted from Jacobean wood.Keep reading
At a glance
- A unique, lovingly created Cornish retreat-for-two just outside Bude, consisting of a 17th century underground bothy, with a passage that leads straight into two showman’s wagons.
- The bothy is home to a bespoke-crafted living and kitchen space, with the bathroom and bedroom wagon both home to plenty of show-stopping luxury!
- The enchanting garden features a completely private, two-person hot tub with festoon lighting, a firepit, and a wildflower paddock with sunbeds facing the Atlantic Ocean.
- Relax in the freestanding slipper bath, with the wagon door wide open to the rolling hills beyond, or curl up together in front of the bothy’s Smart TV.
- There are plenty of attractions and surf-worthy beaches in the surrounding area… if you decide to venture that far!
- Adults Only
- Hot Tubs
And as if that wasn’t enough, Chris and Jan are of the firm belief that nobody should arrive to an empty kitchen, so you’ll find a hamper stuffed with a tempting selection of nibbles, to help get your break off to a delicious start.
When you’re not outside, unwind together in front of the Smart TV and cracking wood-burner… or follow that artefact-strewn passageway to the wagons… without going outside at all (handy if it’s raining!)
The bedroom wagon is accessed via wooden ladder-steps, and you’ll emerge into a vision of loveliness. There’s a wall-to-wall superking bed draped in velvet curtains, a full-length mirror, and plenty of storage.
But if it’s show-stopping indulgence you’re looking for, the bathroom wagon delivers in spades! The freestanding cast iron slipper bath was made for heaps of scented bubbles, and you’ll want to spend a lifetime under the huge, piping hot shower.
Not only can you wrap yourselves in soft towelling robes, but the wagon door opens straight out onto the rolling hills, for soothing views as you soak the day away.
For an extra treat, you can wander past that gorgeous firepit, towards the wildflower paddock, and the sunbeds that look out to the Atlantic Ocean…
…and where you may very well decide that, for now at least, that trip to Bude can wait.
Things to note
Check in after 5pm, check out by 9am. Please note that Tinker is not suitable for children or pets.
Where you'll be staying
You might also like
Appears in these collections
"*" indicates required fields