Sea King Helicopter Glamping
- Premier host
- Scarborough, North Yorkshire
- See on map
- Sleeps: 2 (+3)
- Bedroom: Open plan
- Bathroom: Communal
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Just two miles away from Scarborough’s bustling centre, Pinewood Park is a fun, family-friendly glamping site that specialises in unusual accommodation.
Though their latest additions – luxuriously converted Sea King helicopters – have to be the most unusual yet!
Sea King helicopters were hardworking craft that served in both the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, most notably as a Search and Rescue helicopter. Of the two you’ll discover here, one served in the Falklands, and the other was piloted by none other than Prince William.
So as you might imagine, their transformation into sleek, ‘wow-factor’ glamping pods involved a great deal of care and expertise. Fully insulated and heated, the clean-lined Nordic-style interiors include rustic light-wood flooring, pot plants, and cheerful flashes of colour.
(And in case you were wondering, the pilot’s dashboard is fully restored and intact – perfect for kids both big and little!)
Sleeping up to two adults and three children, there’s plenty of space on board to stretch out and relax in – all you have to do is bring your own bedding. There’s a double bed right at the back, along with two bunk beds that are perfect for children aged up to 13. The comfy bench seat can also be converted into a bed for a third child if needed.
Convenience-wise, the pods also boast electric sockets (though please note there is no Wi-Fi on site), with a fridge and hot drink-making facilities for on-board catering.Keep reading
At a glance
- Two ‘wow-factor’ glamping pods, luxuriously converted from ex-service Sea King helicopters, one of which was piloted by Prince William.
- Each sleeping up to 2 adults and 3 children, the pods are secluded on the site of Pinewood Park, a family-friendly glamping haven in Yorkshire just 2 miles from the centre of Scarborough.
- There is a double bed, two children’s bunks, and a bench seat that can be converted into a bed for a third child if needed. Please bring your own bedding for all beds.
- On-board facilities include heating and lighting, electric sockets, and a kitchenette with a fridge and kettle. There is a toilet and shower block close by.
- You’re welcome to bring a barbecue to enjoy a sizzling sunset supper on the furnished decking area. A chimenea can be hired if you’re stargazing later on.
- The site is home to a selection of unusual accommodation, with camping pitches also available.
- Family Friendly
- Seaside Breaks
Helicopter glamping pods, each sleep 2 adults and 3 children. Double bed, 2 bunk beds suitable for children up to 13, bench seat (can be converted to a third child’s bed), electric sockets, kettle, fridge, heater, raised decking area with table and chairs. Communal toilets and showers within a short walk.
Beaches, pirate boat, fishing, speedboats, cinema, bowling, golf, spa, cycling, bowls, shopping, walking.
If the sun is shining, why not carry your cuppa outside to the elevated decking, furnished with a table and chairs, and watch the comings and goings of the friendly site?
There’s a facilities block close by, and you’re welcome to bring a barbecue for sizzling sunset suppers. You can also hire a chimenea, if you feel like staying out and watching the stars make their appearance in the night sky.
What to do once you’ve settled in and made yourselves comfortable? Well, with Scarborough in such easy reach, it would almost be rude not to pay a visit!
Take a stroll along the south beach to enjoy retro amusement arcades and windswept fish-and-chip suppers, or stretch out your towel on the north bay, which is overlooked by the majestic Scarborough Castle.
There’s also a wide selection of restaurants, cafés and bars in walking distance… ideal if all you feel like doing is curling up with a glass of wine and a good book, on board one of the most memorable glamping pods you’re ever likely to encounter.
Things to note
Please check the website for latest offers. Minimum 2-night stay. Check in between 4-7pm on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, check out by 10am. Pets are not permitted. Along with bedding, please bring towels, toiletries, cooking/eating equipment if needed, wellies, and a torch.