- Sleeps: Up to 6 per tent
- Bedrooms: 2 per tent
- Bathroom: Ensuite
- Minimum stay: 2/3 nights
Medley Meadow’s friendly family owners had one specific goal in mind: to create a natural conservation area in which both guests and wildlife could live in harmony.
With the resulting site positioned among nine magnificent acres of natural Monmouthshire meadow and woodland, between the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park, you could say they’ve succeeded admirably!
Not only have the meadows been restored through careful re-wilding, but over 2,200 indigenous trees have been planted to date, along with the creation of a natural wetland habitat that means wildlife of all kinds is able to thrive.
Perfect for couples and families who want to immerse themselves in the natural world, Medley Meadow is home to four safari tents – each one lovingly named after the tree species you’ll find close by.
Each screened-off safari tent sleeps up to six guests, making them ideal for families. You’ll find everything you need in your cosy, individually styled space, including an open-plan living room with a wood-burning stove, a kitchen/diner, and even your own private bathroom with home-made copper taps (and a ‘proper’ flushing loo).
There’s also a double and a twin bedroom, with a comfy sofa bed in the living room for extra guests. And since this is a glamping holiday, you’ll also have a private firepit to toast marshmallows around as the stars begin to appear in that glorious night sky.
Once you’ve settled in, why not cradle a cuppa out on your decking, and see whom you can spot from the abundant local wildlife? One of the many visiting buzzards has a tail feather missing, making him easy to spot, and there’s a cheeky resident magpie who may well pay you a visit!Keep reading
At a glance
- A soothing, nine-acre glamping and conservation site in Monmouthshire meadow and woodland, perfectly positioned between the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Choose your ideal haven from one of four individually-styled, screened-off safari tents (6 guests).
- All accommodation is self-contained, with private cooking and bathroom facilities and a private outdoor area for wildlife-watching (and sizzling sunset suppers!)
- You can pre-order extras including bespoke deli boxes – perfect for picnics! – while if you don’t feel like cooking, there are plenty of award-winning restaurants and pubs nearby – some are Michelin-starred.
- There is an abundance of things to see, do and visit close by, from museums and castles to hill walks and vineyards… so don’t forget your waterproofs and walking boots.
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
Meadow and woodland glamping/conservation site with accommodation for couples and families.
Safari tents (6 guests): double bedroom, twin bedroom, bedding and blankets, open plan living room with seating, pull-out ¾ sofa bed, log burner and logs, kitchen/diner with seating, two-burner gas hob, fridge freezer, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans, utensils, barbecue and picnic sets, private bathroom with basin and homemade copper taps, flushing WC, hot shower, towels, toilet roll, toiletries. Decking area, outdoor seating, firepit.
Private parking available on site.
Wildlife-watching, picnic spots, walking, cycling, Michelin-starred pubs, restaurants, castles, museums, historic sites, village shops, delis, waterfalls
There are also plenty of foxes, badgers, rabbits, squirrels, and even water voles, to spot as you make your way to your favourite picnic setting (try the 350 year-old Great Oak) and relax… perhaps armed with a mouth-watering deli box from nearby Marches.
Prefer exploring? You’ll soon discover plenty of ways to spend your time, from visiting fascinating museums and ancient castles (Raglan and Usk are both within a 15-minute drive) to traversing those deep, rolling hills.
Wear out those walking boots to your hearts’ content, safe in the knowledge that you’ll have a soothing sanctuary to welcome you home at the end of another amazing day.
Things to note
Check in from 3pm, check out by 11am.