- Sleeps: 2
- Bedroom: 1
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Set within the wildlife-steeped, picture-perfect rural paradise of the North York Moors National Park, Cottage Farm Stables is a sumptuous retreat for people and pets alike.
You can rest your human heads in the boutique Tack Room, a glorious design-led barn conversion with a warm vintage feel that promises to relax you instantly.
With stable accommodation for horses, and a warm welcome offered to both dogs and pets, you won’t have to leave your four-legged friends at home!
Lovingly styled and themed in homage to its faithful former life as a tack room, the homely haven was mostly created by friendly owners Kate and family, to preserve the building’s history and originality.
The elegant space now features a well-chosen selection of unusual antiques and traditional furnishings, with accessories expertly crafted from reclaimed materials, and a luxury-marble double-sized shower room you won’t want to leave.
Meanwhile, beamed ceilings, soft leather seating, and plenty of cosy cushions and throws provide an irresistible setting for evening snuggles!
You’ll even find a selection of goodies waiting for you, including complimentary Prosecco, fresh coffee, porridge oats, and just-laid farm eggs for a tasty holiday breakfast.Keep reading
At a glance
- A boutique, design-led tack room conversion sleeping 2 guests, on the site of stables beautifully located in the North York Moors National Park.
- Pets of all descriptions are very welcome, with stable accommodation for your beloved horse!
- Styled and themed to reflect the history and originality of the space, the room is self-contained with luxury shower facilities.
- You will be welcomed with complimentary Prosecco, fresh coffee, and ingredients for a tasty breakfast on your first morning.
- Explore your heavenly rural surroundings on foot or horseback (you can order a picnic in advance) or take part in tailored workshops and experiences on site.
- There is a pub just a few minutes’ walk away, and the coast is in easy reach for day trips.
- Cot and highchair available for young children.
- The site is also home to a cosy yurt in a private paddock, which sleeps up to 4 guests. Why not book both and bring your friends!
- Dog Friendly
- Seaside Breaks
Fuelled and freshened up for the day ahead, what could be better than saddling up – or lacing up those walking shoes! – and immersing yourselves in the beauty of those awe-inspiring natural surroundings?
Perfect for walking, cycling, and horse-riding alike, there are plenty of opportunities to lose yourselves in nature for a while… yet with the local pub mere minutes away, you won’t have to wander too far along the woodland to find welcome refreshments!
Slightly further afield lie the charms of the wonderful Yorkshire coastline. Scarborough is 10 minutes away by car, or why not spend a day at Whitby, a seaside town dotted with heritage hotspots?
But if you’d rather stay put, don’t worry. There are plenty of experiences ready for you to enjoy, without leaving the comfort of the site.
The Tack Room provides a guest guide on booking which includes recommendations of what to see and do in the area, along with where to eat and drink. They also offer a quintessentially English afternoon tea, freshly made and delivered right to your door (picnics can be ordered, too).
However you choose to while away your time at Cottage Farm Stables, you can look forward to curling up at the end of the day in your kingsize memory foam bed, dressed in crisp white linen and cosy throws… what bliss!
Things to note
Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
Where you'll be staying
What the guests of The Tack Room Ruston say
“We stayed for Christmas and it was absolutely perfect! A stunning, cosy retreat. We couldn’t ask for any more! Kate was brilliant, she offered us tips on where to walk our dog and even brought us homemade mulled wine on Christmas Day! There’s lots of quirky features which make this a unique place! Thank you so much, Kate! We’d love to come back.”
“We had a wonderful romantic weekend away at the tack room for our anniversary. The place itself is simply gorgeous. Kate’s thoughtful and generous touches made it an incredible stay. She is a wonderful host and provided plenty of tips for food and sightseeing in the surrounding area – all of which were great! Thanks, Kate!”
You might also like
Appears in these collections
The Tack Room Ruston
"*" indicates required fields