- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Peacefully nestled in the Nottinghamshire village of Misterton, The Pump House Art Studio was built almost two centuries ago, as a working pump house that faithfully drained excess water into the River Idle.
These days, the Grade II-listed building has been transformed into a stylish, light-filled art studio that’s perfect for inspiring creative souls.
Even before you venture inside, the exquisite rural surroundings will delight and soothe you in equal measure. The building itself sports a towering chimney stack and huge windows, cheerily welcoming you in.
Relax in the magnificent living and dining space, with its soaring high ceilings and light flooding in through those wonderful windows. There’s plenty of sumptuous furniture to unwind on, as well as eye-catching artwork created by the owners themselves, and other local artists (some of the art is available to buy, if you’d like to take a souvenir home with you.)
There’s a TV, quirkily supported by an easel, to huddle around by evening, after you’ve devoured a hearty home-cooked meal and a bottle of wine – or two! – around the statement dining table.
Prefer quiet time with a book? Head for the library and take your pick, then settle down in one of the plush seats… perfectly positioned in front of a window that showcases gentle views over the shimmering water.
The first floor mezzanine is home to yet another stunning living space, with timber beams and an elegant arched window – and there’s a vintage press nestled underneath, adding to the uniqueness of this fabulous retreat.Keep reading
At a glance
- A former pump house, originally built nearly two centuries ago, creatively transformed into a large, luxurious, light-and-art-filled retreat for up to 4 guests.
- The Grade II-listed retreat is nestled in the North Nottinghamshire village of Misterton, over the River Idle with beautiful waterside views.
- There’s a wealth of exquisitely furnished spaces to relax in, including two lounges, and a library overlooking the river.
- There are quirky and artistic flourishes throughout, including a TV supported by an easel, and art created by local artists (some of the art is available to buy.)
- Choose from 2 double bedrooms, one of which can be made into a twin.
- Enjoy morning coffee out on the patio, then take a scenic riverside ramble to the local nature reserve. The village, with shops, restaurants and a pub, is in walking distance, and there’s plenty of scope for shopping and sightseeing in the surrounding area.
Grade II-listed former pump house, sleeps 4 guests. Living/dining room with sofas, TV, dining table and chairs. Kitchen/diner with breakfast bar, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, basic cooking equipment. Library with plush seating, selection of books. First floor mezzanine snug with seating. Two double bedrooms (one can be made into a twin if needed), tiled bathroom with bath and shower over, basin, heated towel rails, WC. Enclosed river garden with furnished patio and lawn. Off-road driveway parking. Linen and towels provided.
River walks, cycling, wildlife watching, picnic spots, village shops, pubs, restaurants, market towns, nature reserve, historic sites, golf, fishing, horse riding
When it’s finally time to turn in, there are two comfy double bedrooms to choose from (one of which can be made into a twin if needed.) Freshen up in the gleaming tiled bathroom, then drift off into a sound, blissful night’s sleep.
For the perfect start to the day, take your morning coffee out to the furnished garden, and watch the sun rising over the river… something that’s sure to become an addictive ritual before long!
After a delicious breakfast whipped up in the high-end kitchen, it’s time to plan the rest of your holiday. You could start by wandering into the village and stocking up on supplies, before taking a scenic, wildlife-steeped stroll along the River Idle, or the Chesterfield Canal.
Get an even larger nature fix at the Idle Valley Nature Reserve, surrounded by gorgeous wetland scenery, or to the medieval city of Lincoln for a day trip that’s rich in culture and history.
There’s so much to see and do, in fact, that you could find one visit to The Pump House Art Studio just isn’t enough for one lifetime!
Things to note
Pets are not permitted. Please note that the property is not suitable for children under 12 due to its position over the water.