- Premier host
- Doncaster, Nottinghamshire
- See on map
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedroom: 1
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 3 nights
Beautifully set amongst two acres of Nottinghamshire woodland that borders Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, adjacent to the Chesterfield canal, Hawthorn Hideaway is an idyllic escape for weary souls.
And when you add on-site luxuries like a wood-fired sauna, in-room beauty treatments, a barbecue cabin, and a selection of mouth-watering hampers to choose from, your escape gets even better!
Bobbing gently on the Chesterfield canal awaits Kingfisher, a spacious 57ft narrowboat that’s ideal for a romantic couple, since you’ll get to spend your days gliding along the waterway together.
(Don’t worry if you’ve never captained a narrowboat before, as you’ll receive full training and a handy manual when you arrive on site… or you can simply choose to stay put on the canal).
Fully insulated and equipped with central heating, Kingfisher boasts real wooden floors, a gorgeous velvet sofa, and a glowing woodburner for cosy evenings in. There’s a Smart TV too, so you won’t be at a loss for entertainment when you’re finally all talked out.
There’s also a well-equipped kitchen – including that all-important dishwasher – in which you’ll find a delicious ‘welcome breakfast’ hamper, stuffed with goodies that include local bacon, sausages, and eggs from the resident free-roaming chickens.
Savour your meals in Kingfisher’s relaxed dining area, or enjoy the sunset out on the large deck… that is, when you haven’t booked the on-site barbecue cabin for a special treat (why not go the whole hog and order a barbecue hamper, too?)Keep reading
At a glance
- A 57ft narrowboat on the Chesterfield canal, set amongst two acres of Nottinghamshire woodland on the border of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
- Available for cruising (between 1st March – 31st October) or static hire, Kingfisher is ideal for a romantic waterside escape.
- There are full kitchen and shower facilities on board, while outside there is generous private garden space with a swinging daybed, a firebowl, and a hot tub.
- On-site facilities include a wood-fired sauna and an indoor barbecue cabin, both available for guests to book. Why not arrange an in-cabin massage for an extra treat?
- A generous, locally sourced breakfast hamper is included, and you can also purchase steak and barbecue hampers.
- There is plenty to see and do in the local area, with shops and restaurants just a 15-minute drive away. A two-hour cruise in either direction will lead you to popular local attractions (and pubs!)
- Adults Only
- Hot Tubs
57ft narrowboat, sleeps 2 guests. Wooden floors, central heating, blackout curtains, well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, breakfast hamper, dining area, velvet sofa, Smart TV, log burner with starter pack, kingsize bed with memory foam mattress and luxury bedding, en-suite shower room with eco toiletries, towels, robes. Decking at the back and front of the boat. Private garden space with hot tub, fire bowl barbecue, picnic table, swinging wigwam day bed.
On-site: wood-burning sauna, indoor barbecue cabin, in-cabin treatments (available at an extra cost), parking and bike storage.
Walking, cycling, market towns, shops, restaurants, manor houses, wildlife parks, racecourses, beauty treatments, adventure activities, fishing
When slumber calls, snuggle up in your luxurious kingsize bed, complete with a memory foam mattress and downy bedding, and let the water rock you gently into a sound night’s sleep.
After that hearty cooked breakfast, freshen up in your en-suite shower (fluffy towels and bathrobes provided!), enjoy coffee in the garden, and then it’s on to the important business of planning your day.
If you’re cruising (option available 1st March – 31st October), a two-hour journey in one direction will lead you to idyllic Drakeholes, a Site of Specific Scientific Interest that’s wonderful for nature-watching and picnics alike (though The Duck restaurant is also on hand if you forgot your picnic basket).
Meanwhile, in the other direction awaits charming West Stockwith Marina… and the White Hart Pub and Restaurant, should you feel in the mood for more hearty meals!
Staying on site? There’s plenty to see and do close by, from visiting the UK’s only polar bears at the Yorkshire Wildlife Park, to flying lessons and traditional seaside towns… ideal pastimes before you settle in to enjoy another glorious sunset from your private hot tub.
Things to note
Check in from 4pm on Mondays or Fridays, checkout by 11am. You must be over 21 to hire Kingfisher for cruising. Full training and a manual for the boat will be provided.