- Sleeps: 14
- Bedroom: Bunkroom & 1 Double
- Bathrooms: 5 (1 ensuite)
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Recreating those fun, giggle-fuelled childhood sleepovers is ridiculously easy at The Peddler’s Den Bunkhouse, a former granary and barn set on a friendly, family-run 150-acre farm in North Yorkshire.
Owners Rachel and Mike have made it their mission to provide as much comfort and luxury as possible, for groups in search of luxurious, off-the-beaten-track accommodation in the spectacular Great Outdoors… and from the moment you arrive, you’re sure to feel they’ve succeeded admirably!
Sleeping up to 14 guests, you’ll bunk gloriously down together in the upstairs granary bedroom, which features 12 bespoke, hand-crafted beds. There’s an instantly relaxed atmosphere in the enchanting, light-filled room, with plenty of charm and character provided by the simple, stylish décor and original beams.
(There’s also an en-suite double room downstairs, which is ideal for those who prefer a little extra privacy.)
Once you’ve claimed your favourite bed, why not grab a drink and catch up in the luxurious, high-ceilinged lounge, with its glowing log-burning stove, deep sofa, and Smart TV? Though on sunny evenings, you may prefer unwinding on the outdoor terrace instead, savouring soothing paddock views that lead your gaze all the way out to the Vale of Pickering…
…and did we mention the hot tub, perfectly positioned for you to catch the last of the blazing sun as it disappears over the trees?
Meanwhile, let your group’s culinary expert (there’s always one!) loose in the fully equipped kitchen, to whip up a feast for everyone to enjoy around the gorgeous hand-crafted dining table later on.Keep reading
At a glance
- A luxuriously refurbished granary and barn for fun group sleepovers, set on a friendly, family-run 150-acre farm in the hamlet of High Marishes, North Yorkshire.
- The huge, characterful granary bunk room sleeps 12 guests in bespoke hand-crafted beds, and there’s a separate en-suite double room downstairs for those who prefer extra privacy.
- Facilities are self-contained, with a cosy lounge and a well-equipped kitchen/dining area, and four stylish bathrooms… with a fluffy towel provided for each guest.
- Outside awaits a furnished patio for catch-up drinks, and a hot tub to make the most of the sunset!
- The barn features secure bike storage, and stables and a shower for horses.
- Create your own entertainment, explore the local area, or take advantage of owners Rachel and Mike’s supplier recommendations – anything from yoga and cocktail masterclasses to cheeky life drawing lessons!
- Disability Accessible
- Hot Tubs
- Large Groups
Refurbished granary and barn, sleeps 14 guests. Well equipped kitchen/dining area with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, oven, hob, microwave, all cooking and dining utensils, hand-crafted dining table with bench seating. Lounge with L-shaped sofa, wicker chairs, large log-burning stove, Smart TV, Wi-Fi, underfloor heating. Private en-suite double bedroom with courtyard views, snug with Smart TV and sofa bed. 4 bathrooms with showers and towels provided. Upstairs bunk room with 12 bespoke hand-crafted beds. Outside: furnished patio, hot tub, bike storage and washing facilities, horse stables, tack room and washing area, ample parking.
Hired entertainment, walking, cycling, horse riding, independent shops, historic sites, activities, foodie stops, cafés, restaurants
Rather someone else did the cooking? No problem! Not only do Rachel and Mike know a fabulous local chef, but they can also put you in touch with a range of tried-and-tested companies who provide everything from pamper nights and yoga lessons, to cocktail masterclasses and cheeky life drawing sessions!
If you’re a horsey type, the barn features stables that can be hired for horses, complete with a tack room and a hot horse shower. There’s also a secure lock-up for bikes, that includes a pressure washer for those muddy tyres… surely no better excuse to whizz off along the many cycling tracks you’ll find in the local area?
With Yorkshire’s foodie capital Malton close by, and York city centre just half an hour away by train or car, you can always take the option of shopping ‘til you drop instead, before making your way back to The Peddler’s Den to enjoy another laughter-fuelled sleepover with your favourite people.
Things to note
Check in from 3pm, check out by 11am. Children are welcome, though please note that there are no specific facilities for them. For guests with reduced mobility, there is appropriate access to the building and downstairs bedroom.