- Premier host
- Templeton, Pembrokeshire
- See on map
- Sleeps: 2 (Mabel), 4 (Spodnic)
- Bedroom: Open plan
- Bathroom: Communal
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Discover Melin Mabes in the soothing midst of rural Pembrokeshire, on the four-acre site of a 16th century watermill.
The brainchild of your friendly and imaginative hosts, Martin and Carol-Anne, you can be sure of a surprisingly unique, life-loving and detail-rich stay from start to finish.
Let’s begin with the complete outer space experience offered by Spodnic UFO, the classic alien tripod craft! Once featured on George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces, this luxurious and immaculate pod is packed with cutting-edge fixtures and fittings worthy of a sci-fi classic – including a hydraulic door.
Fitted with a merino wool-topped double bed (with plenty of storage underneath), space blanket-insulated walls and a sliding automatic door, you can also head up to the Perspex roof that masquerades as a cockpit.
It’s easy to imagine you’re charting your course amongst the stars, as you surround yourselves with colour-changing lights, zap-worthy ray guns…and of course, a light saber! You’ll also find a telescope that’s ideal for moon-gazing in the clear, unpolluted sky.
There’s a handmade sofa bed that transforms into bunks…ideal if you’re bringing the kids along (they’ll also be able to don the astronaut helmets provided and make up their very own intergalactic adventures!) With TV and a selection of space-related DVDs included, what more could any visiting alien possibly need?
Well – maybe the occasional cup of tea, so you’ll find a kettle available for you! Outside you’ll find your own private hot tub, plus your covered, fully-fitted kitchen, which includes an electric cooker with grill and oven. Meanwhile, you will find a Tardis private shower and toilet!Keep reading
At a glance
- A purpose-built, imaginative four-acre glamping site in rural Pembrokeshire, on the site of a 16th century watermill.
- Choose from three unique havens: the Amazing Spaces-featured alien glamping pod Spodnic UFO, 150 year-old romantic gypsy caravan Mabel, and the handcrafted Templar Treehouse.
- Spodnic and Mabel are housed in their own private paddocks, ideal for dogs and children. Both feature their own covered kitchen areas and with their own bathroom facilities (Mabel also features a private hot tub).
- Towels are provided (even for dogs) along with robes worthy of Arthur Dent himself. Please bring your own beach and hot tub towels.
- Three adults-only camping and caravan pitches are available in their own large paddock with shared facilities, exclusively for members of The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- There are many walking and cycling trails directly accessed from the site, with a pub in walking distance and the coastal village of Saundersfoot five miles away.
- Fresh produce hampers can be ordered, with fresh-grown herbs and newly-laid eggs available on site.
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
Spodnic UFO sleeps 4, handmade sofa bunk beds, bedding & towels provided, radiator heater, kettle, small TV, DVD player, DVDs, light sabers. Tardis private shower and toilet. Full kitchen with fridge freezer, electric cooker, utensils, dining table & chairs, workspace, fire area/BBQ, private hot tub, parking.
Mabel Gypsy Caravan sleeps 2, raised double bed, bedding & towels provided, cushioned seats, wood burning stove, firewood for 1st night included. Private adjacent toilet. Private kitchen with gas ring, double sink, pizza oven, dining table & chairs, private hot tub, parking.
Castles, theatre, walking, woollen mill, cycling, farms, manors, paint balling, boat trips, beaches, horse riding, brewery, sailing house, gardens, canoeing, climbing, surfing, coasteering, rafting, sea kayaking, bushcraft, archery.
If you prefer more down-to-Earth accommodation, how about a beautiful 150 year-old gypsy caravan called Mabel?
You’ll find cosy Mabel in her very own paddock, ideal for a romantic getaway with a difference. Light the crackling Queenie wood burning stove, then sit back and transport yourselves to gentler times past.
Your gorgeous, bunting-strewn kitchen area – complete with a pizza oven is just outside, along with a private hot tub for you to make the most of those blazing sunsets. There’s also a private adjacent bathroom facility for freshening up.
(If you’re in the mood for an extra treat, why not take advantage of the on-site pizza experience, during which the pizza oven will be lit, and dough will be made! Just bring any extra toppings as needed).
Relax with a good book, or head out and explore the many dedicated cycling routes and walking paths you’ll find from the site itself. Just five miles away is the coastal village of Saundersfoot, complete with its idyllic beach.
(If you’re in need of a pit stop, The Boar’s Head pub is close by, complete with friendly atmosphere and hearty food!)
Back on site, you’ll find plenty of tasty home-grown herbs to add some flavour to your meals…why not stop and feed the chickens while you’re in the area? For a well-deserved extra treat, you’ve also got the opportunity to order mouth-watering local produce, from cheese hampers and fresh eggs to organic meat.
In short, if you’re looking for an escape that promises to take you refreshingly out of your everyday world for a while, then Melin Mabes will make it so.
Things to note
Pets are welcome upon prior arrangement. Minimum stay 2 nights. Smoking is not permitted inside any accommodation.