- Premier host
- Barnstaple, Devon
- See on map
- Sleeps: 2 per tipi
- Bedroom: Open plan
- Bathroom: 1 per tipi
- Minimum stay: 2-3 nights
Bespoke-designed to soothe frazzled souls grown weary of hectic urban life, you’ll find HARTA Retreat perfectly positioned on the edge of Exmoor National Park, amongst 46 idyllic acres of woodland and meadow.
Not only can you explore the surrounding Devonshire hills and countryside with ease, but the magnificent North Devon coast – a designated Area of Outstanding Beauty – is a mere stone’s throw away.
Be warned, however: once you’ve arrived at HARTA Retreat, which recently starred in TV’s “Holiday Homes in the Sun” all thoughts of exploring may just disappear!
Friendly owners Aaron and Miranda have channelled their experience of travelling the world, living amongst welcoming global communities, into creating a boutique haven that offers comfort and luxury in spades.
Choose from two unique sets of interlinked, double-skinned tipis, Dancing Deer and Sitting Bull, lovingly designed and handcrafted in Britain, and beautifully positioned by a tranquil, tree-lined stream.
Often confused with a traditional ‘tent’ or a wigwam, these tipis are anything but ordinary. Boasting sustainably-powered underfloor heating, there’s a soft-glowing wood-burning stove to warm your evenings, and a Nespresso coffee machine to charge your mornings.
Meanwhile, the luxurious en-suite bathroom is home to a freestanding roll-top tub for indulgent bubble-soaks (there’s also a private outdoor shower for invigorating freshen-ups!)Keep reading
At a glance
- A soothing and sustainable sanctuary, privately nestled by a tree-lined stream on the edge of Exmoor National Park, with the North Devon Coast AONB in easy reach.
- Choose from two sets of bespoke-designed, hand-crafted interlinking tipis, with luxury décor and an en-suite bathroom with a roll-top tub.
- Each tipi boasts comforts that include a wood-burning stove, a kingsize bed dressed in organic linen, and a Nespresso machine to charge your mornings.
- Relax outside by your private firepit and watch the stars, or freshen up in your outdoor shower to start the day with a zing!
- Explore the surrounding 46 acres of wildlife-steeped meadow and woodland – there’s a tennis court on site, too – or travel slightly further afield to the coast, where you’ll find some of the country’s most spectacular beaches.
- Adults Only
2 x interlinked tipis, each sleep 2 adults. Underfloor heating, wood-burning stove with logs and kindling, kingsize bed with organic linen, Nespresso coffee machine, mini fridge, tea and coffee, en-suite bathroom with freestanding roll-top bathtub, luxury cotton towels, toiletries, torch. Outdoor shower, firepit. On site: tennis court, 46 acres of ponds, woodland and meadow to explore.
Walking, cycling, wildlife-watching, waterside picnics, award-winning beaches, local pubs, stargazing.
The owner of an online home décor and lifestyle store, Miranda has furnished each tipi to sumptuous perfection, with organic linen dressing the kingsize beds, and a wealth of well-chosen accessories to help make you feel relaxed and pampered.
As the sun begins its spectacular descent over the horizon, why not wander out to your firepit and chat the evening away over toasted marshmallows, to a gentle soundtrack of nature?
Start the day by catching the incredible sunrise over morning coffee, followed by a gentle woodland stroll… if you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of the resident red deer family. There’s also plenty of scope for lazing by the ponds, perhaps with a tasty picnic, and an on-site tennis court to help you work up a sweat.
And of course, with North Devon as your oyster, opportunities for exploring further afield are endless!
Head to the coast for award-winning beaches of every description, or get wonderfully lost in the myriad charms of Exmoor, safe in the knowledge that you have a soothing sanctuary to return to when you’re all travelled out.
Things to note
Regrettably, pets and children are not permitted.