- Premier host
- A Coruña, Galicia
- See on map
- Sleeps: 6 (+1)
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Minimum stay: 2-4 nights
Bordered by Portugal to the south, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west, Galicia is an untamed region of northwest Spain that’s characterised by soaring mountains and shimmering coastal rias.
You’ll find Calma Nórdica privately and mesmerisingly positioned amongst the Galician wilderness, boasting views over the A Capelada mountain range and the Ortiguiera estuary, for a soul-soothing stay that’s breath-takingly scenic.
The unique retreat itself is inspired by the barns of northern Europe, which provide comfort and relaxation whilst letting the landscape speak loudly for itself.
Expertly crafted from pine and glass, there’s a welcoming openness to Calma Nórdica that ushers the outside in… particularly as you cook up mouth-watering creations in the island kitchen, from fresh ingredients picked from the orchard.
(You’ll also be welcomed with a delicious basket of goodies, direct from a local artisan bakery, for your first morning’s breakfast).
Choose from a double and a twin bedroom on the ground floor, where you’ll also find an elegant family bathroom, and a spacious living and dining area decorated in fresh, neutral tones. There’s plenty of butter-soft seating to relax in, and a sleek pellet stove to warm up winter evenings.
Head upstairs to discover a stunning en-suite double room, complete with its very own dressing room, and a gym with an elliptical bike, for those who don’t want to skimp on their exercise routines even when they’re on holiday!Keep reading
At a glance
- A peaceful and luxurious retreat, crafted in the style of rural Northern European barns, privately secluded in the north-western Spanish region of Galicia.
- Blending perfectly with the surrounding rural wilderness, you can savour mesmerising views over the A Capelada mountain range and the Ortiguiera estuary, with some of the area’s finest surfing beaches in easy reach.
- The retreat sleeps up to 6 guests, with two ground-floor bedrooms (a double and a twin) and an en-suite double on the first floor, which includes a separate dressing room. (An extra bed for one more guest can be requested at a cost of +25 euro / day).
- Relax in the beautiful multi-level garden, work out in the gym, or make your escape to the reading area on the first floor, complete with breath-taking estuary views.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables can be picked from the on-site orchard, and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from nearby – some will deliver to your door.
- Family Friendly
- Seaside Breaks
Luxury rural retreat, sleeps up to 7 guests. Ground floor: open-plan living, kitchen and dining area with seating, TV, Bluetooth speakers, 4G Wi-Fi, radio, pellet stove with pellets provided in winter, dining table and chairs, kitchen with dishwasher, induction hob, fridge/freezer, oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, juicer, coffee grinder/maker, utensils, crockery, welcome basket, cooking basics, laundry room with washer, dryer, and iron/ironing board. 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin), family bathroom. First floor: en-suite double bedroom with dressing room, reading area with estuary views, gym area with elliptical bike. Outside: dining patio with sun loungers, outdoor sofa, and barbecue, multi-level garden, orchard. Linen, towels, and cleaning products provided.
Walking, cycling, watersports, beaches, bird-watching, seafood restaurants, historic sites
If you prefer getting lost in a good book, don’t worry: there’s also a gloriously comfy reading area on the first floor, with squishy seating and magnificent views of the estuary.
Welcome the blazing sunset with drinks on the patio, which overlooks a multilevel infinity garden strewn with scenic terraces, and where you’ll find a field of whispering apple trees that bloom in late spring.
What to do with the rest of your holiday time? You’re achingly close to the best surfing beaches in Galicia, or how about donning your binoculars for rare birdwatching in the estuary’s conservation area?
There’s a wealth of cycling routes to discover, too, and plenty of seafood restaurants in the nearby fishing villages of Cedeira and Cariño…
…though you’ll also find some restaurants will deliver freshly-prepared dishes straight to your new-found sanctuary at Calma Nórdica, meaning you won’t have to move so much as a muscle if you don’t want to.
Things to note
150 Euro cleaning fee. Guests receive a 10% discount on selected activities in the local area, please see the owner’s website for details.