- Premier host
- See on map
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedroom: 1
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 2-4 nights
Perfect for a romantic escape, Villa Ca’ Damare is a beautiful stone villa set within the natural park of the UNESCO World Heritage Cinque Terre; a string of historic seaside villages on Italy’s sun-drenched Ligurian coast.
Here you can feast your eyes on spectacular views of the Apuan Alps and the shimmering Bay of Poets, so-called because of its inspiration for renowned poets including Percy Bysshe Shelley and Lord Byron.
Furnished with designer pieces and stunning lighting, the exclusive villa itself has been renovated to a high standard by a celebrated local architect. The original stone façade remains, while local materials, including Bucine stone from the Apennines, and chestnut wood from the Apuan Alps, lend a soothing sense of authenticity.
Meanwhile, green Genoese shutters create a striking first impression, and solar panels mean that wonderful sunlight is put to sustainable use.
Though you may prefer basking in it outside, since there’s a choice of three large, heavenly terraces to relax on, plus a private aromatic garden with olive trees and vibrant Mediterranean plants. Tranquil and picturesque, here you’ll feel like the only two people in the world.
You’ll also have a stone barbecue for dreamy sunset suppers, and an invigorating outdoor shower to help revive you after a long day of exploring the stunning Cinque Terre trails and gorgeous local beaches… what bliss!
Back inside, the ground floor is home to a modern Mediterranean style lounge, and a gleaming kitchen that includes an oven, a microwave, and a washing machine. There’s a shower room too, in case you don’t feel like freshening up outside.Keep reading
At a glance
- An exclusive, architect-restored villa with a private Mediterranean garden, beautifully positioned within the tranquil natural park of Cinque Terre, a UNESCO World Heritage site on Italy’s Ligurian coast.
- Ideal for a romantic couple, there are three al fresco terraces to relax on, with a stone barbecue and an outdoor shower.
- Inside awaits a fully self-contained haven, with designer furniture and decorative elements crafted from local materials. There is a ground-floor shower room and a well-equipped kitchen.
- The first floor is home to an elegant double bedroom and a scenic terrace with stunning views of the Apuan Alps and the shimmering Gulf of Poets.
- Hike or cycle the Cinque Terre trails, relax on the beach at historic Portovenere, or arrange a personalised cookery course. Local activities include wine tasting, climbing, and island tours.
- Adults Only
- Seaside Breaks
Historic, architect-restored villa, sleeps 2 guests. Ground floor: living area, kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave, oven, hob, washing machine, shower room with WC. First floor: double bedroom, furnished terrace with sea views. Outside: two large, furnished terraces, stone barbecue, shower, private garden with olive trees and Mediterranean plants
Walking, cycling, climbing, nature watching, historic sites, cookery courses, wine tasting, independent shops, restaurants, beaches, boat trips, island tours, watersports
Head upstairs to discover the elegant bedroom… and another impossibly scenic terrace that’s ideal for your first coffee of the day, as you drink in those mesmerising sea views.
Yet if you thought Villa Ca’ Damare was only about the sea, you’d be very much mistaken! The aforementioned Cinque Terre trails are perfect for dedicated hikers and mountain-bikers alike, and you can visit Palmaria Island by boat, to view over 500 captivating species of flora.
Dedicated foodies will enjoy a personalised cookery course created with fresh, sumptuous local ingredients, and there are some wonderful Ligurian wine estates to tour.
If you’re feeling guilty after all that foodie indulgence, you’re welcome to work it all off with a climb at the unique, historic ‘rock gym’ at Muzzerone! Otherwise, just breathe out and relax on the enchanting beaches of Portovenere, a medieval fishing village that’s just a few minutes away by car.
Things to note
The villa is suitable for two adults only.