- Sleeps: 16
- Bedrooms: 15
- Bathroom: Ensuite
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Most of us dream of living in a castle, and with a stay in The Palace at Osowa Sien you can make those fairytale dreams come true!
Set amongst pastureland in rural Western Poland and dating back to the 1870s, you’ll find plenty of cultural heritage nestling within the walls of this beautiful estate which is lovingly being restored. The childhood home of acclaimed author Leonie Ossowski, each of the eight (and soon to be ten) indulgent suites you’ll find here have been individually inspired by her books, many of which brought the magic of Osowa Sien so wonderfully to life.
Explore the castle, its wistful communal areas, natural landscape and historic tree-lined park at your leisure, and as a special treat, why not indulge in a little wine tasting too? After all, you’re located in a traditional Polish wine region, and there are dedicated cellars (not to mention a lounge with a crackling fire come the fall and winter months) in which you can sample some artisanal-local and European goods. Indeed, surely it would be rude not to!
Choosing your favourite palace suite is the next decision you face. Each one clean-lined, gloriously spacious and located in the heart of the castle, you’ll experience a perfect blend of modern creature comforts with age-old tradition. Luxuriate amongst soft-toned décor, broad wooden floors, a modest kitchenette or pantry, and an imported-tile bathroom complete with heated floors, soaking tub, and a separate shower.
Holunderzeit (Elderberry Time), is a generous 40 sqm, two-storey suite for four, decked in beige, ivory and robin’s egg blue. Neben der Zärtlichkeit (Next to Sensitivity) is 36 sqm home-styled suite full of warmth, complete with a toddlers’ corner and plenty of soft, stuffed toys.
Weichselkirschen (Sour Cherries) is a celebration of Leonie Ossowski’s writing about her life in the castle, an antique-adorned 40 sqm suite stylishly decorated in deep reds and featuring a curtained bed chamber. Meanwhile, Nordic-styled Stern Ohne Himmel (Stars without Sky) is a 40 sq m loft suite with garden view, characterised by exposed beams and with fresh oak and ivory tones throughout.
Zinnparadies (Tin Paradise) is a 40 sqm, vibrantly toned, two-storey suite complete with dramatic beams and antique furniture, while 33 sqm attic suite Wolfsbeeren (The Deadly Nightshade) is ideal for couples, adoringly decked in purple and dark red.Keep reading
At a glance
- Historic castle building in rural Western Poland, stunningly renovated to provide individually-styled suites, wine tasting cellars and communal areas throughout, along with a playroom and a 300 year-old English garden. Ideal for couples and families who yearn for a fairytale life!
- Fly to Lawica Airport (Poznan), or Copernicus Airport (Wroclaw) and arrange transfers to the hotel. Private parking is available.
- Each suite is equipped with 32-40″ Smart TV with DVD player and free WiFi. To top it all off, each also features a kitchenette or pantry (with tea and coffee larder) and a private imported-tile bathroom with ample refreshing toiletries and heated floors.
- The castle is 10-20 minutes away from two old market towns such as Leszno, with tourist hotspots Poznan and Wroclaw accessible within 90 minutes. The Polish Lake District of Przemecki Parklands is close by, and bicycles can be borrowed from the hotel for exploring.
- In fall, day excursions and tours of several vineyards (55-80 minutes’ drive) can be planned on behalf of small groups, including round-trip transportation.
- Pre-arrival degustation order, dedicated wine tastings in the castle and foodie suggestions can be discussed with the friendly owners. Planning and ordering in advance is suggested so that you don’t miss out.
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Large Groups
Suites sleep 2-4, double/twin bedrooms, bedding & towels provided, private bathroom, hairdryer, bath tub, shower, bathroom amenities, air conditioning, living area, flat-screen TV, DVD player and library, event spaces, lounge, dining table, kitchenette, kettle, sofa, armchair, coffee table, WiFi, terraces, gardens, parking.
Markets, lakes, vineyards, cycling, hiking, museums, old towns.
Blümen für Magritte (Flowers for Margaret) is a 40 sqm tower suite complete with high ceilings, a private slate balcony and a secret entrance – while the cosy 30 sqm Dienerzimmer (The Butler’s Room) pays homage to the dedicated wartime butlers and maids described in Ossowski’s book of the same name, complete with Chesterfield chairs and traditional English clubhouse styling.
Learn more about the fascinating history of the castle and its former residents throughout your stay, with friendly owners who are always happy to help their guests immerse themselves in the local culture – with plenty of mouthwatering foodie suggestions to indulge in, too!
If you prefer to travel and explore, the castle’s location between two bustling market towns mean there is plenty to discover. Why not begin by borrowing some bicycles and heading to the nearby forest, or driving up to the river for a romantic picnic?
Become part of an ongoing fairytale with a soul-refreshing stay in The Palace at Osowa Sien …where we’re sure you will live happily ever after!
Things to note
Pets are permitted to stay upon prior arrangement at a charge, enquire for details. Minimum stay during high season is 2 nights.
Where you'll be staying
What the guests of The Palace at Osowa Sien say
“A wonderful, atmospheric place. Stylish interior. We were in the room “BLUMEN FÜR MAGRITTE”, which is an important place for seclusion: Whether eating by candlelight or drinking tea in the morning. The owners take great care to see nothing is missing. For curious visitors, there’s the opportunity to learn about the history of the palace and how it was restored”
“Atmospheric place, delicious food full of taste, unforgettable wines…It was fantastic and we’ll be back!”