- Sleeps: 6
- Bedroom: Open plan
- Bathroom: Private shower/communal WC
- Minimum stay: 2-3 nights
Freshly retired from the highways of Houston, Texas School Bus is the iconic split-screen American Yellow School Bus – or ‘Skoolie’ for aficionados – lovingly converted into a truly unique glamping retreat.
Gloriously spacious, there’s plenty to delight couples, families, and groups of friends alike. For starters, you’ll have a proper kitchen to whip up your own school dinners complete with a gas oven, hob, grill, sink, and cooking equipment galore (There’s even a seriously cool fridge freezer, to help you chill those essential holiday tipples!)
Enjoy gastronomic delights at the dining table while enjoying the views through the panoramic windows, or outside enjoying a sizzling sunset supper on the barbecue.
With toasty underfloor heating and a clean-burning wood stove you’ll be gorgeously snug.
There’s a thoughtfully-chosen selection of books and games on board, and if music’s more your thing, simply bring your speaker and choose your own groove.
You can sit in the driver’s seat…with the original cab fully intact, you can travel anywhere your imagination cares to take you!
When it’s finally time to turn in, you’ll discover a king-sized John Lewis bed to the rear dressed in Egyptian cotton sheets and a gorgeous duck-down duvet. Flanked by windows, you’ll wake up to stunning scenery. If you miss out on claiming this for yourself, you’ll also find two comfy, John Lewis full-sized singles, and a really good sofa bed too.Keep reading
At a glance
- An authentic, lovingly converted American School Bus perfect for couples, groups, and families in top-class comfort.
- Well-equipped kitchen and shower facilities on board.
- Thoughtful ‘extras’ include an illuminated mirror and a plug socket for your hairdryer, a selection of books and games, toasty underfloor heating, an eco wood burner, plenty of power points.
- Fire up the barbecue on sunny evenings and enjoy a sizzling al fresco supper at your outdoor dining table (there’s an indoor table too, if needed!)
- A kingsize bed, two full-size singles and a sofa bed sleeping up to 6 guests.
- For 2023, Texas Yellow Bus is parked at Hazelgrove Farm on the Isle of Wight, a beautiful site with friendly animals, plenty of wide open space, games, and a regular events programme.
- Family Friendly
Authentic American School Bus, sleeps 6 guests. Original driver’s cab area, kitchen with gas oven, grill, hob, fridge freezer, sink, cooking and dining equipment, storage and surface space, dining table and chairs, sofa bed, selection of books and games, lighting, underfloor heating, eco wood burning stove, kingsize bed, two full-sized singles, storage. Shower, towels, 240v sockets, illuminated mirror. Outside: firepit, barbecue, garden table and chairs.
Please see the location website for full details.
Freshen up with a shower and fluffy towels (there’s even an illuminated mirror and a plug socket for your hairdryer!) then it’s on with the important business of planning your day.
Better still, with acres of scenic Isle of Wight farm fields at your disposal, there’s plenty of scope for al fresco fun! Make friends with the resident animals, including ducks, sheep, cows, and chickens, or indulge your competitive spirits with outdoor games.
The farm site is also home to the odd pop-up mini festival, with events held throughout the year – on a stage crafted from an original Californian Airstream, no less. And for lovers of farm-fresh produce, the on-site shop and mouth-watering food truck delivers in spades.
With all manner of amazing attractions in the area, from Speedway and ancient landmarks, to mile after mile of soft-sand beaches, your epic school trip starts here!
Things to note
Check in from 3pm, check out by 10am. Pets are not permitted.