- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Privately secluded on the site of The Hideaway – a relaxed, family-run farm campsite in North Yorkshire – Rufus’s Roost is a childhood-fantasy, double-turreted treehouse with five gleaming stars for comfort and luxury, and was featured on This Morning’s ‘Staycation Showdown’ for its wow factor!
For starters, you’ll feel miles away from the bustle of civilisation. Rufus’s Roost is dreamily nestled in woodland belonging to the medieval Baxby Manor, with captivating views that lead your gaze across to the North Yorkshire Moors and the White Horse of Kilburn.
Access to your treehouse is right through the whispering forest, along a raised boardwalk (what a way to start your holiday!)
Yet with the charming village of Husthwaite within easy walking distance, and the historic city of York a short drive away, there are plenty of opportunities to engage with the real world if you want to.
Not that you’ll want to tear yourselves away. With three incredible treetop bedrooms to choose from, the lure of the lie-in may prove overwhelming.
The den area – accessed by a slide! – is warm and characterful, furnished with cosy cushions and soft colours – not to mention a TV, movies, a games console and a popcorn maker. This is the ideal space for challenging your loved ones to a games evening, or curling up with a blockbuster.
Meanwhile, the chic kitchen and dining area (complete with a crackling log burner) features windows that look out over wide open countryside. You’ll be fighting over who gets to do the washing up!Keep reading
At a glance
- A luxurious self-contained and eco-friendly treehouse, privately secluded amongst stunning woodland on North Yorkshire’s medieval Baxby Manor. The treehouse is situated perched on a hillside overlooking the site of The Hideaway, a relaxed, family-run campsite.
- There are three bedrooms to choose from (two ground-floor doubles and a double/single mezzanine bunk), that sleep up to six people.
- The treehouse features a large stargazing veranda, with an outdoor pizza oven and wood-fired hot tub (logs provided).
- Additional features include a stylish bathroom, a games-and-movie den, and a bat-watching station with binoculars!
- Bedding and towels are provided, as well as a travel cot, highchair and food warmers/sterilising equipment for the little ones.
- There is plenty of scope to play, ramble and cycle on site and in the North Yorkshire Moors. The village of Husthwaite is 15 minutes away on foot, with York and Harrogate easily accessible by car.
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
Sleeps up to 6, 2 double bedrooms, single/double mezzanine bunk bedroom, bedding & towels provided, private bathroom, LED lighting, fully-equipped kitchen, wood-burning stove, den, bean bags, cushions, TV, games console, movies, popcorn machine, binoculars, bat monitoring station, travel cot, highchair, baby equipment, outdoor verandah, log-fired pizza oven, log-fired hot tub, parking.
Walking, cycling, horse riding, airsports/flying, alpaca farm, golf, fishing, go karting, dry slope skiing, ice skating, Flamingoland.
There’s a stylish bathroom, or if you fancy an al fresco dip, discover a spacious veranda equipped with a log-fired hot tub, for sunset-watching and stargazing in that clear night sky (add a glass or two of bubbles, and the views get even better!) Cradled in the surrounding sycamore, ash and oak trees, you’ll feel those everyday cares drift far away on the breeze.
Enjoy a steaming mug of morning coffee, as you contemplate all the joys of the day ahead. If you love walking and cycling, you’re in luck: there are plenty of natural trails to follow that open up all the beauty of the Moors. Back on site, you can climb trees and splash in the stream to your hearts’ content…this is natural play at its finest.
(There’s an abundance of wildlife to spot, too – and with a pair of binoculars and a bat monitoring station inside your treehouse, you can record all your sightings in the dedicated ‘Beast, Birds and Bugs’ log).
Further afield await North Yorkshire’s many delights. Go pony trekking, or even take a walk with alpacas in the Hambleton Hills. If you feel like a more refined afternoon, how about taking tea at the famed Betty’s, in nearby Harrogate?
Head back to Rufus’s Roost to light the outdoor woodland campfire and toast marshmallows, as you chat excitedly about your day. It’s time to rest, relax and recharge, and you’re in the perfect place to do just that.
Things to note
No pets permitted. No stag/hen parties accepted. Music should be kept to a minimum between 11pm and 7am. No smoking permitted. Minimum 2 night stay.