- Sleeps: 6 per lodge
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathroom: 1
- Minimum stay: 3 nights
The heartfelt mission at Lower Keats Glamping is ‘rest, relax and rejuvenate’, and once you’ve visited this welcoming, award-winning and family-run glamping haven nestled within the tranquil Axe Valley, you’ll soon understand why!
With six charming canvas lodges all blissfully located amongst a paradise of joyous birdsong, friendly farm animals and fresh green countryside – with the River Axe and the striking Jurassic Coastline within easy reach – you’ll be feeling rested, relaxed and rejuvenated in no time at all.
Each eco-friendly lodge sleeps up to six people in three cosy bedrooms, which makes them ideal for families or groups of friends (four-legged friends included!) in need of an escape from hectic daily life. Perfectly themed to their invigorating location, the lodges are individually named to reflect coast and country. Choose from coastal-driven The Cobb, Golden Cap or Beer, or country-inspired Stag, Deer or Pheasant.
You’ll find absolutely everything has been taken care of, to ensure your stay is as comfortable and as naturally luxurious as it can possibly be. Equipped with ensuite toilets and shower rooms that feature plenty of piping hot water (not to mention a supply of naturally created, eco-friendly bodycare products), there’ll be no shivering toilet queues in the dark here!
Not only that, you can enjoy the comfort of soft freshly-dressed beds (one king-sized, one double and two singles), a warming woodburning stove with oven and even your very own kitchen, complete with gas hob and Belfast sink, to prepare the very best of country feasts from local produce. Each lodge is exquisitely furnished with a combination of upcycled materials such as wooden crates, and antique furnishings.
Of course, you’ll want to take dining and conversation outside every once in a while, and with your own decked porch, picnic table and firepit waiting to be enjoyed, al fresco relaxation – with some of the best meadow views you’ll ever see – couldn’t be easier! Additionally, as of summer 2023, you can experience looking up at the wondrous starry night sky from the comfort and luxury of an off-grid, wood-fired hot tub. These three inviting tubs are heated from cold freshwater in less than three hours and with a stock of logs, are simple to use. What bliss!
By day, why not explore the beautiful site and get to know the friendly residents a little better? Collecting farm-fresh eggs and brushing the pigs, feeding the lambs, chicken and ducks is a fun and rewarding way to spend your holiday time, while the little ones (and maybe even the big ones from time to time) will love all the wide open, wildflower-strewn space to run around, play and unleash their imaginations in!Keep reading
At a glance
- Family-run glamping site, featuring six canvas lodges that each sleep up to six people, nestled in meadowland within Devon’s Axe Valley, between Axminster and Chard.
- Easily accessed by car, with free on site parking. Wheelbarrows are available for you to transport your luggage to your chosen lodge.
- Kitchen and bathroom essentials are provided, though you will need to bring beach towels. Three off-grid hot tubs are bookable from summer 2023 onwards. Don’t forget to pack warm clothing, wellies and a torch!
- A wide selection of locally sourced produce is available from the on-site honesty shop, along with books and games to borrow. Your first night meal and a fresh bakery can be ordered daily.
- Lower Keats Glamping were 2023 Winners of the Gold Devon Tourism award for glamping business of the year and also won two bronze tourism awards for ethical, responsible, sustainable tourism, and accessible and inclusive tourism in 2023/24. They also hold a Gold award for Green Tourism.
- The Jurassic Coast is within a 15-minute drive, with plenty of local attractions and activities nearby.
- 5 min walk from local pub, with River Cottage Canteen and HQ in Axminster and Hix’s Oyster and Fish House at Lyme Regis.
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
- Large Groups
Lodges sleep up to 6, king size bedroom, twin bedroom, double cabin bedroom, ensuite bathroom, hot shower room, wood burning stove, firewood, kitchen, hob, cool box, running water, decked porch, picnic table, BBQ, board games, ball/field games.
Fossiling, beaches, boat hire, cliff walks, swimming, horse riding, markets, galleries, caves, tennis, golf.
New to the site is the addition of The Hive, a fun and communal space, perfect for when the weather may not be on your side, or a great venue for a celebration. Everything has been thought of here – even a wheelbarrow sink! There is a fire pit/bbq that you can sit around – all you will need to do is relax and enjoy!
The Lower Keats Larder is an honesty shop that stocks delicious farm produce, picnic foods and plenty of treats, meaning you won’t need to travel very far at all if you don’t feel like it. You can even pre-order your first night meal, or have fresh bakery delivered each morning. Why not borrow a book or a game to enjoy, too?
If, however, you can tear yourselves away from your haven, you’ll find plenty to see and do all around. Situated on the Devon, Somerset and Dorset borders, you’ll be spoilt for choice about what to discover next! Choose from refreshing country walks (and perhaps a spot of fishing nearby), historic places of interest to visit, sandy beaches to relax on, and much, much more.
If you’re looking for an excuse to get away from it all, there is surely no better escape point than Lower Keats Glamping, with all its delights just waiting to be sampled. So come and pay this friendly and relaxing site a visit – your soul will thank you for it!
Things to note
Travel cot and highchair are available on request, group bookings as well as stag and hen parties are possible on request, dogs are permitted to stay upon prior arrangement.
Prices vary from week to week depending on the month and season:
7 night break: £1105 – £1650
3 & 4 night breaks: £685 – £850