- Sleeps: Up to 4 per dome
- Bedroom: Open plan
- Bathroom: 1 per unit
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
The moment you arrive at Le Monteil Revolution, you’ll feel your cares melt away as if by magic.
Nestled within forest land in central France, the peaceful smallholding and glamping site is the brainchild of friendly owners Charley and Calum. Their enduring mission is to create a natural space for guests to roam freely, breathe easy and think clearly…and you’re sure to feel they’ve succeeded admirably!
The “roam freely” mission also applies to Le Monteil Revolution’s beloved animals, each of whom has its very own job, from the chickens that supply outrageously tasty fresh-laid eggs for breakfast, to the affectionate cats who keep the animal feed free from unwanted visitors.
There are two off-grid geodesic domes for you to choose from, Rocher – perfect for two adults and two children – and the slightly more spacious Châtaigne, which is ideal for families with older children, or four adults.
While you may be staying in La Grande Outdoors, there’s no need to compromise on luxury (or lug unbearably heavy suitcases behind you!) For starters, you’ll have your own private bathroom, stylishly equipped with towels, toiletries, and that all-important hairdryer.
Meanwhile, both the communal and outdoor summer kitchen are very well equipped, so you can pack perfectly light…and you can even help yourselves to treats from the herb and edible flower garden.
Later on, enjoy endlessly soothing views from the comfort of your private decking…complete with a wood-fired, chemical-free hot tub that’s reminiscent of a Japanese hot spring bathing experience. Purposefully positioned for you to make the most of the blazing sun sinking over the fields and valley, you may never want to get out of that tub!Keep reading
At a glance
- A friendly rural smallholding, just over an hour away from Limoges Airport, with off-grid geodesic dome accommodation. Ideal for couples and families who want to take time out of life for a while.
- The domes are equipped with cosy beds (Rocher sleeps two, with an extra sofa bed for younger children, while Châtaigne sleeps four), a woodburner and private outdoor decking with a wood-fired hot tub.
- There are two well-equipped communal kitchens (one outdoors) plus a separate dining room, and each dome has access to a private bathroom, a short walk away. WiFi can be accessed in the communal building.
- Please note that there are many friendly, free-roaming animals on site, including chickens, pigs, dogs, cats and donkeys. Each dome has its own chicken coop for a ready supply of fresh eggs, plus guests can purchase a selection of home grown vegetables on site.
- Bring your bike, or hire one, to experience some of the best cycling routes around. There is also plenty to explore on foot. Nearby attractions include the Loups de Chabrieres (wolf park) nearby, as well as the Labyrinthe Geant and Lac de Vassiviere.
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tubs
Rocher sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 children, king size bed, double sofa bed, bedding & towels provided, private bathroom, wood burning stove, coffee table, chest of drawers, communal kitchen, Wi-Fi in main building, wood-fired hot tub, decking, deckchairs. Summer kitchen with gas hob, kadai, herb/flower garden.
Châtaigne sleeps up to 4, king size bed, 2 single beds, bedding & towels provided, private bathroom, wood burning stove, coffee table, chest of drawers, communal kitchen, Wi-Fi in main building, wood-fired hot tub, decking, deckchairs. Summer kitchen with gas hob, kadai, herb/flower garden.
Road cycling, mountain biking, horse riding, castles, markets, lakes, boating, fishing, canoeing.
Fire up the woodburner on cooler evenings, as you make the most of the star-studded night sky from your dome’s amazing panoramic window.
When it’s time to turn in, simply fall into your downy kingsize bed, dressed in fresh cotton, plump pillows and soft throws – bliss! If you’re bringing the little ones, Rocher features an extra sofa bed, while Châtaigne includes two cosily dressed singles.
By day, why not get on your bike? Keen cyclists themselves, Charley and Calum are only too happy to show you the best routes, whether you enjoy mountain biking or prefer heading out on the road. Cycle hire is also available if you forgot to pack your own.
Head off on foot if you prefer – there are plenty of natural delights to explore in the surrounding area – or simply stay on site and get to know the animals better. There are plenty to keep you company, including playful dogs, pigs, and friendly miniature donkeys. Oh – and not forgetting your very own coop of cared-for chickens, where you can collect those delicious eggs each morning.
Relax and indulge in the natural life to your heart’s content…the only downside is that at some point you’ll have to return home again!
Things to note
Check in is 4pm, check out is 11am. No pets are permitted. As there are animals on site, parents are advised to watch children at all times. No smoking except in designated zones.