- Sleeps: 2 (+2)
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathroom: Communal
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
In a former life, Kaleb the Combine was a hard-working Massey Ferguson 860, harvesting 20 tonnes of wheat per hour on a friendly family farm in Lincolnshire.
Now, the combine harvester is a completely unique farm retreat, filled with quirky, bespoke-crafted furnishings and privately secluded by a peaceful lake.
Kaleb’s fascinating conversion was captured on the BBC TV show My Unique B&B, on which host Simon Parfett couldn’t wait to sit in the cab! Along with owner Will, whose family have owned and run the 700-acre farm for generations, Simon and his team got straight to work.
The result is a captivating joy to behold, and an absolute must-stay for holidaymakers looking for something truly out of the ordinary.
Featuring up-cycling at its most imaginative, shelves – and a comfy dog bed! – have been expertly created from the farm’s vintage chitting trays (used to seed potatoes), while a metal staircase and a former caravan door provide easy access.
Light floods cheerfully inside from windows that were once grain-hatch lids, and a gorgeous roof lantern allows you to stargaze from the comfort of the cosy, custom-made kingsize bed.
A converted grain trailer sits underneath Kaleb’s spout, housing a double bed and a small cooking area complete with a breakfast bar, hob, microwave and kettle.Keep reading
At a glance
- A fascinating, TV-featured conversion of a Massey Ferguson 860 combine harvester, into a unique and quirky pet-friendly farm retreat.
- Kaleb is peacefully secluded by a scenic, horseshoe-shaped lake on a friendly family farm in Lincolnshire.
- Filled with quirky upcycled elements, there is a bespoke kingsize bed positioned underneath a stargazing skylight, and bench seating positioned by a wall-mounted TV.
- A trailer houses an additional double bed and cooking facilities, to sleep 4 guests in total.
- There is a communal facilities block, with toilets and hot showers, close by.
- Relax outside on the cleverly upcycled chairs, and enjoy a sizzling sunset supper on the barbecue.
- The nearest pub is a quarter of a mile from the site (please check opening times). There are many more pubs in the local area, plus a wildlife park. The seaside town of Skegness is 10 minutes away by car.
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Seaside Breaks
Converted combine harvester, sleeps 2 guests, with an additional 2 guests in the converted grain trailer. Wall-mounted TV, bench seating, upcycled shelving and accessories, bespoke kingsize bed (in combine), double bed (in trailer) stargazing skylight. Outside: seating, barbecue and firepit.
Walking, cycling, nature-watching, pubs, beaches, watersports
Oh, and in case you were wondering about echoey conversation bouncing off metal walls, soft, colourful acoustic panels have been added… which also gives Kaleb a cool ‘retro’ look!
Outside, huge cable drums have been given new lives as comfy chairs – lovely for sunset-watching over the shimmering lake – and a tyre planter provides a beautiful floral centrepiece. You’ll find a barbecue and a firepit here, too.
On cooler evenings, snuggle inside on the relaxed bench seating and watch TV, or head for the local pub – just a quarter of a mile away.
After a sound night’s sleep, freshen up in the communal facilities block close by, before heading off on an exhilarating countryside walk… ideal if you’ve brought your four-legged friend along! Lincolnshire Wildlife Park is in easy reach for nature-lovers, too.
If you prefer jumping in the car, there are plenty of fun, family-friendly places to visit, including the bustling seaside town of Skegness.
Wear yourselves out on the Pleasure Beach, then enjoy a traditional fish-and-chip supper before making your way back to Kaleb for another spot of sublime sunset-watching over the lake.
Things to note
There are additional camping spots available around the lake, which is also suitable for fishing. No check in on Saturday or Sunday.