Bryn a Mor
- Premier host
- Pentywyn, Carmarthenshire
- See on map
- Sleeps: 2 per unit (+ up to 3 extra tents)
- Bedroom: 1 per unit
- Bathroom: External
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
Make your beautiful retreat from life’s everyday stresses and strains, by taking a track that leads past unspoilt National Trust woodland, to the edge of a Dyfed coastal heath that’s part of a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
This is where you’ll discover Bryn a Môr, an off-grid glamping haven for adults only, on the site of a 37-acre regenerative agriculture farm.
Teeming with diverse wildlife, you can expect to see swooping red kites, pheasants, rare Peregrine falcons, and the occasional scuttling badger, surrounded by whispering grasses and orchids, in a soul-soothing cocktail of natural loveliness.
The patchwork quilt of natural habitats you’ll find here also include prime grazing spots… ideal if you’ve decided to bring your beloved horse along for a well-deserved break! There’s a turnout field and a tack barn on site that can accommodate up to three faithful steeds.
Meanwhile, the farm’s eco-glamping field offers breath-taking ocean views. Choose from either a cosy tipi or an elegant shepherd’s hut, both equipped with a cosy double bed and a soft-glowing woodburning stove.
(If you’ve got any extra guests in tow, you can also pitch up to three small tents in the field, at a small charge of £10 per tent per night.)
To make the most of that awe-inspiring coastal vista, there’s a gorgeous outdoor kitchen in the form of a steam-bent yurt, gainfully equipped with all the cooking facilities you’ll need to whip up hearty feasts from the farm’s home-grown vegetables and freshly-laid eggs.Keep reading
At a glance
- Eco-glamping site set on a 37-acre regenerative agriculture farm on the south coast of ancient Dyfed.
- Choose to stay in the tipi or the shepherd’s hut (each sleeps 2 guests), both equipped with a double bed and a wood-burning stove.
- There is room in the field for up to 3 small tents to be pitched, at a small charge of £10 per tent per night
- Private facilities include an outdoor kitchen and a bespoke shower with compost loo. Home-grown vegetables and freshly-laid eggs are also available on request.
- The farm also includes a turnout field and a tack barn for up to 3 visiting horses, if required.
- There is a calendar of creative workshops available on-site, please see the owner’s website for details.
- The coastal path is on the doorstep, with two sandy beaches in walking distance. Bordered by National Trust woodland, there are plenty of wildlife walks ready to be taken.
- Adults Only
- Dog Friendly
- Seaside Breaks
Eco-glamping field with choice of Tipi (sleeps 2) or shepherd’s hut (sleeps 2), both with a double bed and wood-burning stove (shepherd’s hut also features 2 chairs and a chest-of-drawers.) Space for up to 3 extra tents on application. Outdoor kitchen, bespoke shower and compost loo, fire circle, hammock, yoga swing. On-site programme of workshops.
Woodland walks, picnic spots, wildlife watching, coastal path, beaches, historic sites
Though of course, you may prefer the old-fashioned campfire cooking method, especially as the sun makes its blazing descent over the horizon, and the stars make their first appearance in the evening sky.
Meanwhile, freshening up will be easy, with a bespoke shower and a compost loo all ready and waiting.
What to do once you’ve settled in? Spanning two counties, the sweeping coastal path is practically on your doorstep, and there’s a secluded cove that provides access to two huge sandy beaches. You could also take a wander through the magical woodland glade, and see which members of the local wildlife you can spot!
If you’re staying on site, there’s a calendar of workshops available that offer everything from rope weaving to coastal foraging (please check the owner’s website for details.)
Otherwise, simply relax in your hammock with a good book, or just get lost in those enchanting views, as your cares drift lightly away on the Bryn a Môr breeze.
Things to note
Bryn a Môr is a Woodland Champions Club site, on booking you will automatically become a member of the Club at no extra cost. 2-night stay minimum, arrive from 3pm, check out by 11am. Horses stay at an additional cost, by arrangement. Dogs are permitted, with prior permission and for a small fee. Adults only, no children under the age of 16 permitted to stay.
Where you'll be staying
What the guests of Bryn a Mor say
“Fantastic location overlooking the sea with Gower peninsula in the distance. Very close to beaches and coastal path walks.”
“It was truly an experience of living close to nature, slowing down, enjoying the scenery and reflecting.”