Real Glamping at the Fir Hill
If you're looking for an escape from hectic 21st century life, you're sure to find your sanctuary in the natural delights of Real Glamping.
The historic Fir Hill Estate comprises 62 lush acres of wildlife-steeped land, peppered with bursting fruit trees, sweet-scented shrubs and vibrant foliage. Add a selection of yurts, all of which overlook the spectacular Porth Reservoir and the refreshing Cornish countryside, and you may well believe that paradise can be found right here on Earth!
Sustainability is at the forefront here, with the off-grid site powered by solar energy. Toasty heating is provided by a log boiler, and there is a ready supply of fresh, natural spring water.
Meanwhile, the Mongolian-style yurts themselves are generously roomy, cosily furnished, and thanks to their clever material layering, will keep you perfectly cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Whether you choose a traditional or pet-friendly yurt, you'll find a private cooking area, a downy king-sized bed with two doubles, and of course, an outdoor seating area with barbecue...ideal for enjoying those blazing sunsets!
Facilities include The Barn, a quiet space to enjoy morning meditation, afternoon reading or evening yoga, and two sun-soaked terraces to catch up over drinks with the new friends you've made. The Cowshed, housing toilets and piping hot showers, includes a large indoor leisure area to relax in when the weather is cooler (and there's even a large TV to keep the kids happy!)
While you may feel as though you're blissfully cut off from the real world, available WiFi means food and supplies can be ordered online and delivered from a local supermarket. If you're not in the mood to cook, takeaways can be easily ordered.
With everything you need more than covered, it's time to get out and immerse yourselves in all that dramatic coastal scenery. With the bustling surfers' paradise of Newquay just three miles away, surely it would be a crime not to pack your wetsuit?
How about a browse through the city of Truro, just a short drive away and packed with independent shops, buzzing restaurants and beautiful architecture? Of course, Cornwall's many famous attractions are within easy reach, from the Eden Project to the Lost Gardens of Heligan. For those in need of a little more adventure, activities such as paintballing and coasteering are easy to arrange.
With so much for everybody to see and do all around, all that remains at the end of another long, action-packed day is to curl up in your cosy yurt, brew a welcome cuppa... and get ready to start all over again tomorrow!
Things to note
2 yurts are designated pet friendly. The site is popular for exclusive hire, with all 9 yurts being made available for group celebrations and weddings for up to 40 people maximum. Please enquire for details. Corporate events and team building trips are also welcomed.
Region: Newquay, Cornwall
Cost (from): £500 per week
Sleeps: Up to 6 per yurt
Bedrooms: Open plan
Minimum stay: 2 nights (group booking)
Property ref: 1121
FacilitiesYurts sleep up to 6 each, king size bed, 2 double beds, bedding provided, private kitchen shelter, outdoor seating area, BBQ facilities. Wi-Fi is available. Shared facilities include The Cowshed bathroom facilities,The Barn for reading, meditating, yoga and relaxing, The Terrace sundeck and catered barbecues, and the Upper Terrace solarium.
Beaches, coastal footpaths, Golf, horse riding, cycling, surfing, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, bird watching, castles, gardens, Eden Project.
At a glance
- An off-grid glamping retreat, consisting of a selection of spacious yurts nestled within 62 acres of historic estate land that overlooks the Porth Reservoir, set just three miles from Newquay. An ideal couples' and family retreat for those looking to get back to nature in comfort.
- Choose from a fully furnished traditional or pet-friendly yurt, all of which sleep up to six people.
- WiFi is available, with other facilities including communal terraces, generous toilet and shower facilities, and a relaxation space. There is a TV available for children, and an outdoor kitchen. Catered group barbecues can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and linen is provided, along with kitchen essentials and storage. Bring towels and toiletries, wellies, slippers and a torch!
- There is plenty to see and do nearby, from the surfers' beaches at Newquay, to the city delights of Truro. Activities including coasteering and paintballing can be easily arranged.