Part of the North Devon UNESCO Biosphere, the Hartland Peninsula is beautifully circled by the South West Coast Path, offering some of the finest walking scenery you could possibly wish for.
It's here that you'll discover Loveland Farm, six glorious acres that are home to six geodesic domes and three tentipis, along with a creative design studio and a heated indoor eco-pool. Featured on TV, as well as in Escapism Magazine's ‘Top 10 Glamping Escapes', this really is the ideal place to get back to nature.
The brainchild of husband and wife team Jeff and Karina - both fashion designers who began their careers in Milan, later establishing their own international menswear label - you can expect serious attention to style. But you can also expect serious attention to the local environment.
Green technologies are used throughout, including solar panels and composting toilets that use no chemicals. The resident animals are raised ethically on the farm, where a wide variety of vegetables are grown and used for the farm's weekly pizza evenings for guests.
Choose from pods that sleep from two to eight people, each with its own private shower, eco-friendly compost toilet and a handy kitchen - along with lovingly creative touches of Jeff and Karina's unique style everywhere you look.
Sleeping up to seven, you'll find Stargazer Pod and Cabin at the top of the farm, complete with three bedrooms, and an open-plan kitchen and living space. Opt for the Stargazer Pod itself if you've always fancied sleeping under the stars!
Cosy Popla sleeps two adults in a handmade double bed, while Eden and Loveland both sleep six. Eden features its own tipi as a spacious double bedroom, while Loveland is the most exclusive pod, nestled in a private field that overlooks a stream, and featuring its own projector for stellar movie nights!
Proudly set on a raised platform, Welcombe sleeps up to four, while Hartland is perfect for a larger group of up to eight, cosily tucked away in the corner of the farm with refreshing views of the sea, plus a projector for holding movie nights and mezzanine level for extra privacy.
If a tipi is more your style, you can spend summer evenings in some of the best available. Developed for Nordic conditions, the Tentipis you'll find here are well-known for providing sumptuous comfort and guaranteed protection from the elements. Each one sleeps up to four, raised on a wooden deck and carpeted with cosy rugs. Oh, and you'll also enjoy your own designated shower room.
Help your stay along with a bespoke hamper, filled with everything from seasonal vegetables and locally baked bread, to fine cheeses, Prosecco, and Loveland Farm eggs, sausages and bacon.
With plenty to see and do all around, you'll be spoilt for choice of ways to spend your time. Voted Britain's Best Beach, Woolacombe is easily accessed, while the picture-postcard village of Clovelly is a lovely way to spend a romantic day out.
But with so much refreshing comfort, luxury and style awaiting you in your indulgent Loveland Farm accommodation, the urge to stay put may just prove irresistible.
Things to note
Minimum stay 2 nights (3 in high season), towels should be brought. Some pods are dog friendly, enquire for details. Full site hire possible for up to 45 guests, enquire for details/prices.
Tried and tested
Region: Hartland, Devon
Cost (from): £98 per night (tipi)
Minimum stay: Varies - 2/3 nights
Property ref: 1084
Paddle boarding, surfing, beaches, coastal walks, cycling, horse riding, rock climbing, rowing, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, coasteering, fishing.
At a glance
- Six eco-friendly geodesic domes and three tipis, beautifully set on six acres of farmland on the Hartland Peninsula, circled by the South West Coast Path and part of North Devon's UNESCO Biosphere.
- The ensuite domes sleep from two to eight guests, and the tipis a maximum of four. The site also features award-winning composting toilets, a communal kitchen, and private washing facilities.
- Hartland, Stargazer and Welcombe Pods are all dog-friendly (a one off valet charge of £30 is applied for bringing a dog). Kitchen facilities are all provided and each pod has it's own BBQ; please bring toiletries and bathing towels.
- A wide selection of hampers are available to order for your stay, ranging from breakfast hampers to locally-sourced treats to enjoy upon arrival.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout plus Sabin's Freshly Ground Coffee from Cornwall.
- The site includes a communal firepit and barbecue spot, along with a heated indoor eco-pool and an independent design studio that operates internationally for brands such as Woolrich, Element, Diesel and many more.